Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROBLEMS WITH DYNAMIC BLOCKS WHEN WORKING W/ SSM

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
316 Views, 5 Replies

PROBLEMS WITH DYNAMIC BLOCKS WHEN WORKING W/ SSM

I AM HAVE SOME ISSUES WITH MY DYNAMIC BLOCKS WHEN WORKING WITH SSM.

I HAVE CREATED DYNAMIC BLOCKS TO BE USED WITH SSM THAT LINK THINGS LIKE PAGE NUMBERS AND LABELS FOR CALL OUTS AND SECTION CALLOUTS. THEY WORK GREAT INITIALY BUT ONCE I SAVE AND EXIT THE PROGRAM, UPON RE-OPENING MANY OF THE BLOCKS LOOSE THERE LINK FIELDS AND NO LONGER UPDATE IF I CHANGE THE PAGER NUMBER OR SAY THE LABEL NUMBER. ALSO, THEY LOOSE THERE PARAMETERS. THEY PRETTY MUCH BECOME WORTHLESS. BUT IT DOES NOT SEEM TO HAPPEN TO EVERY PAGE FOR WHICH I USED THEM. ALSO, WHEN I SAVE A PAGE I WILL TYPICALLY GET AN ERROR WHICH ADVISES ME TO RUN RECOVER, AND WHEN I DO IT FINDS NO PROBLEMS, NOR DOES IT RESOLVE THE ISSUE WITH MY BLOCKS. ANY GOT ANY IDEA OF WHATS GOING ON.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Your use of caps is considered shouting. We can here you fine.

Lots to discuss: first things first go to autodesk.com>> communuities>>>
blogs >>> Heidi Hewet . Heidi Hewet has written the Bible for SSM its called
"Sheets Happen"

1. did you assign the field to the attribute "default" or value?
2. are the attributes set to "Locked" and Preset
3. are you assigning custom fields that may not be defined in the current SS

My hunch is you got something going on with 1,2 or both

Joe
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Yes, I have read the bible before. I went to review it but was unable to find it under blogs. I did find it by google though.

The attribute is Default,

The attribute is both locked & preset

The problems is occuring with all of my blocks in the file i attached. Edited by: joethengineer on Sep 25, 2009 6:27 PM
Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade

You have several distinct DB's all using the same TAG name for the attributes. While the field can be the same (assuming - as in you could have ten unique TAGs but the value of all could be field "A") the attribute would have to be unique for each named block. I.e.: PAGE1, PAGE2, PAGE3, etc...all with tsame field code.
This may be the issue. Try renaming the TAG on a couple of the DB's to see if that helps. And remember to REGEN.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

thanks for your help but that did not resolve any issues.

when you first create a field, the text is shaded grey..... if i save and then re-open, there is no longer a grey shadding, its like its forgetting its a field
Message 6 of 6
bertbert

hello,
i have got the same problem. did you find any solutions???
best regards,
BB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services