Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nasty Dynamic Block problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
TherealJD
307 Views, 4 Replies

Nasty Dynamic Block problem

A client gave us their titleblock that has dynamic properties, including a visiblity toggle in a DWT file.

I've taken the DWT with their titlblock and added our logo (as a seperate block). I also changed the default visibility state of the object and added some attribute info in the blank attributes. (I did not block-edit their titleblock, just selected a visibility mode i wanted) I then resaved this as a new template file. All of it looks good.

The bug happens, when i close the template file and double-click to open a "new" dwg using the template file. The dynamic block is no longer dynamic. I lost the grips to toggle visibility states etc. Has anyone else had this problem?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: TherealJD

Have you tried to explode the block to see if the DB grips show up then?
I know this has come up here before about DB grips being lost. I'm not sure there has been a consistant solution though.
In some DB's I've created the grips seemingly are not there but are off the block in another area of modelspace. Usually WBLOCK'ing the orginial DB takes care of this.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 3 of 5
TherealJD

Here's what I've discovered.

I saved modified and saved the template using acad 2008...

opening that template in acad2008, the block is static and loses its dynamic properties. exploding the block just converts it to simple linework.

yet, if i open the template in autocad 2009.. it seems fine. most of our users are using 2008. i have 2009, because i'm using a vertical product also.

So maybe it's a setting in 2008. or a bug specific to that release? This is a big concern for me.

i dont want to wblock it. i can redefine the block in existing drawings, but i want to know why this is happening in the first place.
Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade

The only time I've experienced that is trying to open a 2010 DB in something lower. There doesn't seem to be a way to convert or use 2010 DB properties, even those outside of Parametric Constraints, in older versions.
I've converted a few posted 2010 DB's to 2007 format and as you say they loose the DB properties.
Regards, Charles Shade

Message 5 of 5
sschwartz

I would saveas a dwg and use that to start with. It's kind of backwards, but it could work (theoretically)<-- my fav word

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services