Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Visibility Parameters in one block?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
doni49
32117 Views, 9 Replies

Multiple Visibility Parameters in one block?

I have a Section Mark that is dynamic.  One of the dynamic aspects is a visibility parameter.

Here's what this section mark looks like along with it's three visibility states.  This has been working great with the exception of one issue that I'd like to fix.  There are times that we really need a way to "Mask" behind the circular part of the mark so that the text remains legible.

I drew a hatch element in a non-plot color and placed it behind everything else in the mark.  But we don't ALWAYS want to see this.  So I thought I'd add a visibility parameter to turn this on or off.  But when I attempt to do so, acad just complains that the block already has a visibilty parameter.

My intension was to make EVERYTHING in the block on for BOTH states of this new visibility parameter -- the only thing it would turn on or off is the masking hatch.  Is there anything I can do short of creating it as a completely separate block or having another three vis states (I have "Normal, Broken & Empty Middle" now.  I'd have to rename them to include "Mask" in the name and then create three more:  "No Mask/Normal, No Mask/Broken & No Mask, Empty Middle").  I really don't like either one of these options.

SectMarks.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ojuris
in reply to: doni49

If I understand correct why You not makeing just 6 visibility states?
Message 3 of 10
doni49
in reply to: ojuris

That was actually the second possible option that I listed above -- the second of the two that I'd rather avoid.

I'd just rather avoid having a bunch of possible combinations.  I had hoped one parameter would control which style of line is shown (the Normal line, Broken line or the one that has the empty middle portion) and one that would control the visibiltty of the mask.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 10
Libbya

You can simulate the multiple visibility parameters using the method I describe in this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Dynamic-Blocks/OOTB-Multiple-Visibility-States-SOLUTION/td-p/4961288

There are ultimately only 6 states necessary so doing so would be fairly easy.  

Message 5 of 10
doni49
in reply to: Libbya

Thanks Libbya.

I downloaded your example and it does EXACTLY what I'm looking to do.  But I'm having an impossible time implementing it in my own block.  I've gotten to the step of creating the "Bridge" lookup.

First I added the lookup actions to the lookup parameter on the pallette.  Then I placed a lookup parameter using this same pallette.

DynamicBlockLookups-AddActions.png

Then I attempted to add the two lookup tables.

DynamicBlockLookups.png

Don Ireland

Message 6 of 10
Libbya

When you place a lookup parameter using a tool that has had two lookup actions added to it, it automatically places the two lookup tables into the block already associated to the lookup parameter.  If you are not seeing both tables, then you need to change the system variable 'bactionbarmode' to 0.  

Message 7 of 10
doni49
in reply to: Libbya

Thanks. I made the setting change. And tried placing a new parameter (after making sure it was still set to put two lookup actions and it was). I still only get one table.

With BACTIONBARMODE = 0 &nbsp With BACTIONBARMODE = 1
DynamicBlockLookups-ActionsShown.png   DynamicBlockLookups-ActionsOff.png

Don Ireland

Message 8 of 10
Libbya

It shows both tables there when bactionbarmode is set to 0.  One of them is Lookup5 and the other is Lookup6.  They will both show up with bactionbarmode set to 1 once you have edited them so that they are different from each other.  Personally I prefer to keep bactionbarmode set to 0 unless I am selecting all linework/parameters and don't want to select the actions.

Message 9 of 10
doni49

I clicked on the little lightning bolts, went to properties and found "Lookout Table" there.  That gave me access to the two tables.

Don Ireland

Message 10 of 10
Libbya

When bactionbarmode is set to 0 you can just double-click the lookup action and it will open the table.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services