Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mixing Geometric Constraints with Action Parameters

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
RStillwell
753 Views, 4 Replies

Mixing Geometric Constraints with Action Parameters

Anyone had any luck mixing Geometric Constraints with Action Parameters in 2010 or know if it is even possible?

I can create the geometry for my block using constraints and get the desired results. When I make the geometry a block and add a Point Parameter with a Stretch Action. Things start to go awry.

I can use the Stretch grip to modify the block once but if I use the grip a second time. It starts to move away from the endpoint of the line it needs to be on.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: RStillwell

I am having the same problems. I have dynamic blocks without constraints that work fine. When I try to add constraints to them to do things that I found almost impossible to do in dynamic blocks (concentric circles) before 2010 , I have problems. I have been able to make a line drawing that works, but when I make it a block, the whole thing grenades!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

You should be able to mix and match (carefully), but just watch how many objects need to be in the action selection sets - most of the time a mere fraction of what was needed before if your setting up the contraints correctly. Also, keep in mind that you should be setting up the constraints while in the block editor and not moving object pre-constrained from model space. There are some differences in the way they work between the two environments.
Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade

That BE/MS tip will be a jewel in about three months when more people get to using constraints.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks. About that, I noticed there is a converter command on the Ribbon. So one could start in MS, use the converter command, and keep going.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services