Dynamic Blocks

Valued Contributor
jwscad
Message 11 of 13 (164 Views)

Re: Linking stretch action distance to attribute value

12-04-2012 01:31 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

I think you have the right idea but I need it to work in reverse. The attribute values need to drive the length and width values. I think you would still use stretch parameters but grips wouldn't even be necessary. Not sure how this would work or even if it's possible.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 12 of 13 (154 Views)

12-04-2012 02:30 PM in reply to: jwscad

It seems like we are on the same page but reading from opposite ends.

If you know the given length of the panel then if this remains constant in the formula then when the slope factor (radian) is applied (presumambly something less than one) the overall length would then be correct in plan for the given slope.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Valued Contributor
jwscad
Message 13 of 13 (151 Views)

12-04-2012 02:42 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

The reason I am interested in a dynamic block is because we work with hundreds of different module sizes on a day to day bases. At the minimum I want to:

1. Double click my block

2. fill out the length, width and tilt attributes

3. Have the size of the rectangle adjust based on these inputs.

Thanks for the help.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community