Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Attributes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
stevenson1971
295 Views, 5 Replies

Linked Attributes

I have been trying to link attributes to allow a section marker to be edited once but change at both ends. Has anyone else tried this, Or could anyone give me a suggestion of why I am going wrong.
It works until you insert it as a block then it will not update.

???

Spencer
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: stevenson1971

Have you tried adding a Lookup Table ?
You can associate each attribute to the lookup action.
The values of the attributes will update to the same value after you invoke a regen.
Change the lookup values to whatever suits your needs.
I did a quick mod to your section block to show you what I mean.
JV
Message 3 of 6

I think I may have to go this way, It seems like linking attributes my not be possible.

Thanks for your help. I need to investigate Lookup tables further, Ive not tried to use them as yet.

Cheers

Spencer
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: stevenson1971

Spencer,
There is another option...
I am pretty sure you can use Fields to "link" your attributes, but I have not investigated this too far. I have heard of users linking attributes within Titleblocks on different sheets (layouts), ie: change one Field and the others that are linked will update to that value, but again, I haven't done this either.
This may not exactly be what you are looking for but it may point you in the right direction..

I'm just riding the Dynamic Block Band Wagon, and I'm not over the euphoria of how well these new objects work for us.

Hope this helps.
JV
Message 5 of 6

Thanks John,

There are som very interesting uses that we have found so far, It is a pretty good developement as far as i can see.

I have tried the field option but it dies not seem to update when used in a dynamic block.

I'll keep trying.
Message 6 of 6

John

Thought you may be intersested in this,

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5188898ⴢ

It is a way to get the fields to work within the dynamic block

Regards

Spencer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services