Dynamic Blocks

DisposedHero
Message 1 of 5 (253 Views)

Keep Block Properties grip centered when lines are stretched

253 Views, 4 Replies
03-18-2013 01:16 PM

Good afternoon everyone. I am working on a dynamic block that I figured would be fairly simple. However, it is proving to be a huge annoyance. What I want for it to do is stretch the end of a polyline with a stretch action, while at the same time moving the grip of my block properties table. No matter what I do to it, the block properties grip won't move/stretch. Can someone please take a look at it and see if it's just me or if there's a bug with my block?

Thanks in advance!

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 5 (241 Views)

Re: Keep Block Properties grip centered when lines are stretched

03-18-2013 05:36 PM in reply to: DisposedHero

I'm not sure you can but I do not know why this would be designed this way.

I too have a block whereI would like the BPT to move with the another set of entities and it does not.

And I read one or two others who have expressed the same difficulty.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Valued Mentor
AcadAdamLT
Message 3 of 5 (232 Views)

03-19-2013 01:12 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Because BPT is an outsider and the rules of regular parameters doesn't apply to BPT.

BPT is too awesome to obey..

BPT is all..

BPT is life..

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2014
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
*Expert Elite*
Bob_Zurunkle
Message 4 of 5 (219 Views)

03-19-2013 08:39 AM in reply to: AcadAdamLT

...plus BTP charges lots for their concert tickets! :smileytongue:

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted :smileyhappy:
Active Contributor
kevin
Message 5 of 5 (173 Views)

04-09-2013 11:20 AM in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Hopefully this will help... it what I do with my blocks...

The Block Property table is tied to the basepoint parameter. Put the grip of the Block Property Table (BPT) on top of the basepoint parameter.  With them stacked, any flips, moves, rotates you do will now work on the BPT.

To test what I'm telling you is fact - you can build a simple block table with a flip and watch how the BPT's grip reacts wtih the basepoint parameter.

I've attached a screen capture for an example...

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community