Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep Block Properties grip centered when lines are stretched

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
DisposedHero
1841 Views, 5 Replies

Keep Block Properties grip centered when lines are stretched

Good afternoon everyone. I am working on a dynamic block that I figured would be fairly simple. However, it is proving to be a huge annoyance. What I want for it to do is stretch the end of a polyline with a stretch action, while at the same time moving the grip of my block properties table. No matter what I do to it, the block properties grip won't move/stretch. Can someone please take a look at it and see if it's just me or if there's a bug with my block?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I'm not sure you can but I do not know why this would be designed this way.

I too have a block whereI would like the BPT to move with the another set of entities and it does not.

And I read one or two others who have expressed the same difficulty.

Message 3 of 6
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Because BPT is an outsider and the rules of regular parameters doesn't apply to BPT.

BPT is too awesome to obey..

BPT is all..

BPT is life..

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 4 of 6
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

...plus BTP charges lots for their concert tickets! Smiley Tongue

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 5 of 6
kevin
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Hopefully this will help... it what I do with my blocks...

The Block Property table is tied to the basepoint parameter. Put the grip of the Block Property Table (BPT) on top of the basepoint parameter.  With them stacked, any flips, moves, rotates you do will now work on the BPT.

To test what I'm telling you is fact - you can build a simple block table with a flip and watch how the BPT's grip reacts wtih the basepoint parameter.

I've attached a screen capture for an example...

Message 6 of 6
toolbox2
in reply to: kevin

Ok, so when a Base Point is added to the block, the Block Properties Table will react to actions on the base point. Handy to know but it messes with the block placement. I think I'll just have to live with the BPT stuck in one place.

Thanks for the pointer, though.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services