Incrementally scale?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mid-awe
954 Views, 4 Replies

Incrementally scale?

Hi all,

I remember a tutorial that explained how to utilize a scale action; but, you could use grips on either side (left or right) of the block to change the scale (from a set point parameter) and you drag the grip it would snap to preset increments like the door example.

I can't find the tutorial and need to refresh my memory. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: mid-awe

Google.

Sorry for the terse answer but any tutorial you need you will find thru Google easier than here.

Youtube is pretty lousy with tutorials as well.

Or give it a go and post a Block for us to see and critique. Do a little fishin' as it were.

Message 3 of 5
mid-awe
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yeah I tried that first even searched through my list of links.
I just supposed that someone here had seen it too.

Message 4 of 5
jarredmonday
in reply to: mid-awe

See my attached drawing to see what needs to be done.

Add a Linear Parameter and attach the Scale action to it. Next you want to highlight your Parameter and change to "Increments" in the Properties window. You will also need to go to the Action Properties and change the OverRides to "Dependent" and adjust your "Base offsets" to your desire.

Quite simple really.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 5 of 5
mid-awe
in reply to: jarredmonday

YES! 🙂 that is exactly what I'm trying to do.

Thank you so much. I just needed a nudge in the right direction. It's been a long time since I needed to know how.

PS - That may be my only qualm with dynamic blocks; you can make a ton of 'em and then years go by and you forget how you did it.. I only used that approach for windows four or five years ago. I literally forgot how I did it and barely remembered that I saw it in a tutorial way back when.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services