Dynamic Blocks

Valued Contributor
Message 1 of 4 (623 Views)
Accepted Solution

Help with stretch/move/array block

623 Views, 3 Replies
07-31-2012 06:11 AM

I'm hoping someone can help me with this block. I'm sure it's something simple but I can't get it to do what I need it to.

I need this block to do the following:

1. Move the right piece so it ends at 3', 4', & 5'.

2. the move right hook and 'backing' to stetch/copy (or array) so it adds a hook to the right and fills in the backing.

so this means that a 3' gets 4 hooks, 4' gets 5 hooks and 5' gets 6 hooks.

3. the block as shown is the smallest configuration with 3 hooks.

I could just set up a visibility and draw each one at it's appropriate length but I'm trying to keep this simple block to a min size. If all else fails, that's the route I'll take.

I've tried a couple different configurations and I keep getting duplicates or the end piece doesn't move the correct distance. I'm a little stumped. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

HELP! :smileysad:

the attached is in ACAD 2012

Valued Mentor
AcadAdamLT
Message 2 of 4 (619 Views)

Re: Help with stretch/move/array block

07-31-2012 07:31 AM in reply to: mkm13

This one should do it.

Array everything except the last segment, the last segment you just tie up with a move parameter.

Set the offset column to 10.50 on the array and set an increment on the linear parameter to 10.50 with a minimum distance of 10.50 and it should be good to go.

Edit: Ohh and by the way, don't mind the name of the dwg, there's no wipeouts, I saved over an old file that I had on desktop ^^.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2014
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Valued Contributor
Message 3 of 4 (610 Views)

07-31-2012 07:50 AM in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Thank you. I had the parameter starting at the insertion point - it kept doubling up on the items I wanted to array.

Knew I was overthinking it.

Valued Mentor
AcadAdamLT
Message 4 of 4 (608 Views)

07-31-2012 07:55 AM in reply to: mkm13

Rocket science ain't Rocket science when you know Rocket science ^^

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2014
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community