Did you mean: 

Help with stretch/move/array block

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Nycominc
1655 Views, 3 Replies

Help with stretch/move/array block

I'm hoping someone can help me with this block. I'm sure it's something simple but I can't get it to do what I need it to.

I need this block to do the following:

1. Move the right piece so it ends at 3', 4', & 5'.

2. the move right hook and 'backing' to stetch/copy (or array) so it adds a hook to the right and fills in the backing.

so this means that a 3' gets 4 hooks, 4' gets 5 hooks and 5' gets 6 hooks.

3. the block as shown is the smallest configuration with 3 hooks.

I could just set up a visibility and draw each one at it's appropriate length but I'm trying to keep this simple block to a min size. If all else fails, that's the route I'll take.

I've tried a couple different configurations and I keep getting duplicates or the end piece doesn't move the correct distance. I'm a little stumped. Maybe I'm overthinking it.

HELP! Smiley Sad

the attached is in ACAD 2012

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: Nycominc

This one should do it.

Array everything except the last segment, the last segment you just tie up with a move parameter.

Set the offset column to 10.50 on the array and set an increment on the linear parameter to 10.50 with a minimum distance of 10.50 and it should be good to go.

Edit: Ohh and by the way, don't mind the name of the dwg, there's no wipeouts, I saved over an old file that I had on desktop ^^.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 4
Nycominc
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Thank you. I had the parameter starting at the insertion point - it kept doubling up on the items I wanted to array.

Knew I was overthinking it.

Message 4 of 4
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: Nycominc

Rocket science ain't Rocket science when you know Rocket science ^^

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services