Did you mean: 

Help with Angular-Dimension-Based Dynamic Door Block

49 REPLIES 49
SOLVED
Message 1 of 50
nrz13
3424 Views, 49 Replies

Help with Angular-Dimension-Based Dynamic Door Block

First off, sorry for posting yet another message requesting help with a dynamic door block.

I'm experimenting with redoing our dynamic door block, which currently uses a scaled arc and visiblity states to control the angle.  I recently read about making a dynamic door block using an angular dimension for the door swing, which automatically adjusts to the rotation of the door panel.  I've tried tackling this challenge from two different angles (terrible pun intended), but I ended up being stumped either way.

Method 1:  I move the width grip and everything works perfectly and smoothly until I change the door swing to anything but 90 degrees and then change the opening width.

Method 2:  I get everything working, but I require two separate grips: one for the door panel and one for the opening width.  I would love for them to be linked since they're changing by the same distance (just different angles).

I've attached the drawings below.  I plan on adding vertical and horizontal flips to the block after I get it working (assuming it can be done).

Thanks!

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
49 REPLIES 49
Message 41 of 50
ojuris
in reply to: nrz13

is it ok?

I ad same stretch action in both flip actions

Juris

Message 42 of 50
nrz13
in reply to: ojuris

Juris:

Thanks for your help!  It appears to be okay, but I'm unsure how you did it.  How did you add an action to another action?  I thought only parameters could be added to actions.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 43 of 50
ojuris

No, You are wrong about it

You must switch back to old style look in block editor mode (variable BACTIONBARMODE set to 0) and then You can add one action in other action

May be new look is better for viewing, BUT in that case You can`t add actions ....

good luck

Juris

Message 44 of 50
nrz13

Juris:

I really appreciate your help in solving this.

And thank you to everyone else that chimed in to offer ideas along the way.

Message 45 of 50
japettler

This is a great thread with a lot of good information on dynamic blocks. I found it because I'm having the exact same problem as the original poster. I sorted through the entire thread and took a look at everyones work to try and break it down and recreate my block. I'm still having issues though and it seems as though it's not possible to solve this without some sort extra commands: constraints, hidden actions, or lookups. Is it possible to do this by just using actions and parameters?

I'm attaching a file with the basic elements. All I need is to figure out how to increase and decrease the door size then adjust the door swing angle without distorting the shape of the door or throwing it's angle off. (You might need to play with the door a bit to see what I mean.)

Thanks for the help.

Message 46 of 50
ojuris
in reply to: japettler

try this

Juris

Message 47 of 50
japettler

Thank you for the response Juris.

I took a look at your block and it looks a lot like one that you posted earlier in this thread. I have 2 questions: Did you use the BACTIONBARMODE (0) command with actions inside actions to make it work? It looks like that's what you did and I think I'm starting to see how that works.

The first stretch action that's attached to the linear parameter has a bounding box around the Linear Grip with 2 objects selected. I do not see which objects you've selected for this action. Nothing seems to highlight. Could you clarify what that stretch action does?

Thank you.

Message 48 of 50
ojuris

Yes - I allways use   Bactionbarmode = 0    and in this block I need it - I need to add stretch1 action into rotate action

In Strech action I have 2 objects - line and Distance1 grip. Grip isn`t mandatory be in this selection.

Message 49 of 50
japettler

Thanks Juris. I think I understand how and why you use bactionbarmode. It seems a bit odd that we need to use a sub-interface to add actions to actions but I'm glad to know the trick!

I'm attaching my end result. Along with a double door.

Message 50 of 50
jmcmanimonTNFUZ

I am trying to follow this chain to understand how to create a dynamic door block. 

Is it possible for you to post a screen cast to show the steps to get the door swing to work?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services