Dynamic Blocks

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 11 of 15 (58 Views)

Re: Got a quick block question

11-30-2012 06:19 AM in reply to: Spiritshifterus

I have not looked at the posted block as I am running out but you seem to have quite a number of options that you would like but then want the Dyn Blk to be simple in design.

I think these two options are incongruous.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Valued Contributor
Spiritshifterus
Message 12 of 15 (55 Views)

11-30-2012 06:32 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Mr. Shade, you would be exactly right about the two being incongruous. Then again, it would help if I properly read over the responses, and not try to deal in so much absolutes. You said infinitessimally small, which my mind forced me to equate to be 0 only. My bad! I then tweaked the line to be infinitessimally small, making it only 0.00001 units long. Then I recalibrated the Stretch action, and that was it!

Attached below is my new block. Mr. Shade, Ojuris, I thank you both.

Chris Martin

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 13 of 15 (52 Views)

11-30-2012 07:12 AM in reply to: Spiritshifterus

That is tight.

I was thinking .001 but then I'm not a small thinker. :smileyvery-happy:

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Mentor
ojuris
Message 14 of 15 (49 Views)

11-30-2012 07:34 AM in reply to: Spiritshifterus

hi

look at this version

Juris

Valued Contributor
Spiritshifterus
Message 15 of 15 (44 Views)

11-30-2012 09:18 AM in reply to: ojuris

Dear Juris,

That is again an impressive block. It proves there are more than one ways to solve problems (sorry, I'm a cat person, and don't like skinning cats  :smileywink:  ). The only thing about it for me, is that the default insertion mode of the block is for a two-pole breaker. Not bad, no, but my preference is to keep the default insert mode to single-pole breaker. Also, when a dynamic block is changed from its default insertion mode, AutoCAD makes it an anonymous block, with a secondary name. This adds kilobytes of data to the files that the blocks are used in, I have discovered. So, I draw blocks so their insertion mode is the most common mode of the block.

Again, well done with your block, and please feel no offense. I shall give your post a kudo for your effort, with which I am impressed.

Chris Martin

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community