Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip or mirror dynamic block - attribute justification

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Cakewalker
5369 Views, 11 Replies

Flip or mirror dynamic block - attribute justification

I have a dynamic block with a flip action which, amongst other things, flips several pieces of attribute text, all left justified. Is there any way to make the attribute text right justified when the block is flipped? At the moment when I flip the block, the text appears to retain the correct relationship with the rest of the block, but is still left justified so any subsequent changes to the text screws up the look of the block. Incidentally, I have MIRRTEXT set to 0 (even set to 1 it works the same way, albeit the text itself is reversed!). I notice MText behaves as expected.

Also, is there a way of turning off action grips with layers? If I have some lines and some action grips on a particular layer within the block, if I turn off the layer then the lines turn off but not the grips.
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Cakewalker

Right now, it's not possible to have attributes change justification. I
either use center-justify, or have two visibilty states for "left" and
"right". Not the cleanest work-around, but it works.

Don't know about your second question...my first guess is no, but somebody
here may know different.

wrote in message news:5484635@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have a dynamic block with a flip action which, amongst other things, flips
several pieces of attribute text, all left justified. Is there any way to
make the attribute text right justified when the block is flipped? At the
moment when I flip the block, the text appears to retain the correct
relationship with the rest of the block, but is still left justified so any
subsequent changes to the text screws up the look of the block.
Incidentally, I have MIRRTEXT set to 0 (even set to 1 it w
orks the same way, albeit the text itself is reversed!). I notice MText
behaves as expected.

Also, is there a way of turning off action grips with layers? If I have some
lines and some action grips on a particular layer within the block, if I
turn off the layer then the lines turn off but not the grips.
Message 3 of 12
tlindell

Kate is right about needing to work around the attribute justification issue without customizations. I have two options that use lisp to help out, the first being a command that will justify any selected text type, including block attributes. See attached.
Message 4 of 12
tlindell

The second being a lsp reactor that works as the block is changed. Just follow the Readme to try out, use the modified attached drawing.

Kate is right about the layer issue. It might be possible with additional lsp customization, but it would take a lot of work to accomplish and program stability would be questionable.
Message 5 of 12
Cakewalker

Thanks for your help 🙂 I'll have a look at the revision you've made and see if it'll be of use to us.

These forums are very useful but their organisation is atrocious. Dynamic blocks is an issue relevant to all flavours of AutoCAD - I never understand why the dynamic blocks forum isn't linked to discussions about these various types of AutoCAD.
Message 6 of 12
tlindell

Which forum do you usually follow?
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

hopefully you are not using internet explorer to view the groups...
Dyn blocks are their own group, isn;t that what you want?
To split things by version would be worse than how it is.

Cakewalker <>
|>Thanks for your help 🙂 I'll have a look at the revision you've made and see if it'll be of use to us.
|>
|>These forums are very useful but their organisation is atrocious. Dynamic blocks is an issue relevant to all flavours of AutoCAD - I never understand why the dynamic blocks forum isn't linked to discussions about these various types of AutoCAD.
James Maeding
Civil Engineer and Programmer
jmaeding - athunsaker - com
Message 8 of 12
Cakewalker

Dynamic blocks do have their own group, but it's under AutoCAD, whereas we're using either LT or ADT. As Dynamic Blocks are available in LT, ADT and plain AutoCAD, why is the Dynamic Blocks forum listed under plain AutoCAD? It'd make more sense for it to be listed outside the plain AutoCAD list and linked to from any relevant forum.

I'd agree that having a separate Dynamic Blocks forum for each version of AutoCAD would be confusing. It's bad enough splitting the AutoCAD forums down by version for general discussion given that most discussions will be relevant to more than one version. I tend not to stick to one forum for this reason (and also because searching produces results from a variety of forums), but then if I see a thread in, say, the AutoCAD 2006 forum that I feel I can contribute I'll be contributing based on my experiences of ADT2007 - any questions I pose will probably not be seen by other ADT2007 users.

Are the forums harder to use in Internet Explorer? I've used Firefox for years - much, much better.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Poor man's work around could be just to do an attribute sync. Then they go back to their original positions.
-r
Message 10 of 12
Swright1
in reply to: Anonymous

you my friend are a beacon of AWESOME!

i'v been tearing my hair out about this one trying to put together complcated blocks with all sorts of visibility properties and you go ahead n pull that one outta the hat... cheers!

Message 11 of 12
bron
in reply to: Swright1

Make the attribute "multiline" - then it mirrors alignment
Message 12 of 12
thewiecks
in reply to: bron

People are saying that using multiline attribute makes the justification reverse (like under a flip action) I do not find this to work at all (using ver. 2013).

I used a flip parameter, with a visibility parameter directly above it.  When my multileader-lasso-block goes left, i make attribute 1 visible (upper left justified). when i flip it to the right, you must manually switch the visibility so it instead show attribute 2, which is upper right justified. each attribute has a "point move" grip, which can move it and is only visible with it. These grips sit right on the starting-ends of the respective leaders.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services