Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields within block attributes will not update

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
pzkmf
723 Views, 5 Replies

Fields within block attributes will not update

I have a couple of attributes suing fields within a block. But they don't update on opening. I need to do a manual field update to get them updated to the lastest values.

Tried various combinations of "fieldeval", but this was no good. Why would this be happening?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pzkmf

Could it be that you have checked Save as an option to update the Fields and since you always Save just before you Close (you do this, right?) the Fields are current when the drawing is Open?

If this is not the case then their is something wrong with the Field and not FIELDEVAL.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 6
pzkmf
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I have checked on all the options available within "Field Update Settings" to no avail. Tried different numbers on the "fieldeval" settings too, but still no good.

The fields update on using the "updatefield" command. I was wondering if i can add this command within the acaddoc.lsp routine. But not sure what the command needs to be, such that all objects within the drawing are updated.

Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pzkmf

Do the Attribs have the same Tag by chance?

Are the Attribs Locked in the Dynamic Block?

Message 5 of 6
thawkeshnm
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Which fields are these? I have recently had problems with some fields in a block not updating.

Message 6 of 6
pzkmf
in reply to: thawkeshnm

I had some LISP varialbew within these fileds, which would not update unless i used the FIELDUPDATE command. SInce then I'have started using USER keys within the LISP routine. This is a vialbe solution to my problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services