Dynamic Blocks

Contributor
dabruce
Message 1 of 21 (381 Views)

Dynamic title Revision block

381 Views, 20 Replies
02-16-2010 07:09 AM
I have created 4 different layouts for A0, A1, A2 and A3 that will print to scale at 1:100 as standard (or whatever the selected scale is) to go with this I am attempting to create one revision block that has different viewstates for each layout AND only has to be filled out once.

I have created the different Visibility states and linked in all the subfields to the main set but something is so not right

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
Contributor
dabruce
Message 2 of 21 (370 Views)

Re: Dynamic title Revision block

02-17-2010 12:56 AM in reply to: dabruce
I take it no one has any ideas on how I can fix this block ?
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 3 of 21 (370 Views)

02-17-2010 04:59 AM in reply to: dabruce
You cannot use attributes in this way. Each has to have a unique name.
Could be Fields are your answer but others will have to take you there.
Regards, Charles Shade
Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Contributor
dabruce
Message 4 of 21 (370 Views)

02-17-2010 05:17 AM in reply to: dabruce
I I have used the object field *value* to fill the attributes but I have tried to do this with fields instead of attributes filled with fields and it still does not work properly.

The annoying thing is on occasions it does work and updates all fields with the original attribute but the visibility states dont work no matter what I try.
Active Contributor
kruuger
Message 5 of 21 (370 Views)

02-20-2010 01:52 PM in reply to: dabruce
if all attributes needs to be the same try:
1. just scale your dynamic block by 1, 10, 100 or what ever. you can use lookup table for visibility
2. create the File->Drawing properties->Custom properties and then use fields (refer to your custom attributes)
*Joe Bouza
Message 6 of 21 (370 Views)

02-22-2010 05:20 AM in reply to: dabruce
I know I get up on this soap box over and over - But Sheet set manager is
specifically designed to handle Title blocks; titles, drawing numbers,
revisions, custom fields, et al.

Joe
*Joe Bouza
Message 7 of 21 (370 Views)

02-22-2010 05:21 AM in reply to: dabruce
I like your thinking but those values would be static and need to be
pre-determined, no?

Joe
*Joe Bouza
Message 8 of 21 (370 Views)

02-22-2010 05:22 AM in reply to: dabruce
check out Heidi Hewett's blog at
http://heidihewett.blogs.com/, sheet wrote the bible on Sheet Set manager.
"Sheets happen"
Contributor
dabruce
Message 9 of 21 (370 Views)

02-22-2010 07:25 AM in reply to: dabruce
Joe, I have already ready and understood heidi's blog and have a view to eventually introduce sheetsets but I am designing a standard that is going to be implimented and used by some very low level cad users and so has to be as simple as possible with as little change to their pre concieved view of cad ( 06 LT) as possible.
In a bid to get them to USE these standards I am trying to make things as user friendly as possible without overwhelming them with new and amasing "magic" as they see it.. hence why I need a block that can work on several layouts so they can just copy and paste and select the appropriate layout.. If I could make it so that they only had to fill it out once and it autopupulated accross layouts I would but I dont think this is possible.

But thank you for your help any way.
Contributor
dabruce
Message 10 of 21 (370 Views)

02-22-2010 07:29 AM in reply to: dabruce
I think this would be the best solution but I do not know what the associated scales would be if the original block was designed for A0 to change it to A1, A2, A3...

any one know what those scales would be ? if you do I will more than likely try to figure out how to make a scale lookup table for the title block rather than just the title revision.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community