Did you mean: 

Dynamic block - rotation action problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1301 Views, 4 Replies

Dynamic block - rotation action problem

Hi all!

first of all, sorry for my English and thanks in advance for your support!

I will try to explain what I like to do:

I need to prepare a linked chain araound a defined path. (Please have a look at the attached drawing) My idea is to have one element of the chain defined as a dynamic block and to manually "rotate" one side of the chain element. After that inserting the next element (previously aligning the user coordinate system) and "rotating" the right part again to the next position...

After doing the rotation, the block definition will change and the next block will be "disformed". So far no big problem, but

the grip of the rotation parameter will stay there and I am not able to "rotate" the right part back into the old position (0 degree).

Has anybody an idea and could help me with this?

Thanks in advance,

Matthias

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gil.dalton
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post an example of the final result you are trying to achieve. Also, wouldn't an array along a path be a better way of doing this rather than manually rotating each link?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: gil.dalton

Hi and thanks for your reply!

What do you mean by "array around a path"?

Attached is a sample which I received from another forum. They modified my original block and make it automatically go along the path (red, inner one). Afterwards the ends of the "link rollers" need to be adjusted.

My target is to get the inner (green) line. Before I only know the outer red line. (in practice it is a machine for winding a liner to rehabilitate sewers. the liner is designed according to the host pipe shape/size and static needs (stress analysis). To wind this liner we need to assemble the "chain" on a guide frame and for designing this guide frame, I need the "inner line".

Hope this was understandable... 🙂

Thanks and regards,

Matthias

Message 4 of 5
gil.dalton
in reply to: Anonymous

Array around a path from AutoCAD documentation. It was a new feature in 2012.

In the the attached drawing I have used your original link block in an associative array following a path; the link edges aren't perfect, there is some overlaping but that could be resolved by exploding the array and tweaking the links as required.

Message 5 of 5
doni49
in reply to: gil.dalton

I was going to take a crack at trying to help you.  But I can't open your latest example file (I didn't try the first group since it seemed you had moved past using those) because it's "saved in a newer version" than what I have.  I'm using 2012.

Unless this file NEEDS some 2013 features, can you save it down to 2010 and re-post it?  That'll open up this up to more people being able to try and help you.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services