Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic block attributes not updating constants

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
rickp
861 Views, 8 Replies

Dynamic block attributes not updating constants

I have read through all the forum posts regarding Dynamic block attributes not updating, but I have not seen an answer to my question.

I use attext in Autocad LT 2014 to extract data from attributes in the drawing.    The block has 7 attributes, and 3 of 7 are constants.    If I insert blocks in the drawing and run the attext command, the data extracts without an issue.     However, if I make a change to any blocks already inserted into the drawing, then all the constant attribute values disappear in the attext report.     

The attached PDF expains the problem.    I have also included the block and attext template file.

Does anyone know why the constant attributes disappear after a block edit?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: rickp

Tried running "Attsync" after you've made changes to the block?

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 9
rickp
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Yes I run attsyn after updating the block but it does not solve the problem

Message 4 of 9
Imui

Hello

Could you post 2010 version dwg.

Message 5 of 9
rickp

Posting version 2010 as requested

Message 6 of 9
Charles_Shade

After you change one and the ATTEXT no longer works run LIST and see if the Block is an anonymous name now and not the actual Block name.

SWAG.

Message 7 of 9
rickp
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I ran list command before and after the block edit.    Before the edit, the block only had a block name.    After the edit it still had the proper block name, but it also had an anonymouse name.   What does this mean?

Message 8 of 9
Charles_Shade

I am wondering if the anonymous name is what is crashing your extraction file and I don't know a solution right off for that.

Message 9 of 9
Imui
in reply to: Charles_Shade

make any change to the block and then reset it. now it will export correctly. Unfortunately takes out the "dynamic" from the dynamic block

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services