Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Stair Plan View

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sovby
3256 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic Stair Plan View

I am making my first attempt at creating a plan view of a 90 degree turn dynamic block stair. i have seen & used other samples that i found on augi but i wanted to create my own. I have started out with a (3'-0"x3'-0') platform. I am in the united states so i'm using imperial dimensions. I noticed that whoever created the other stair that i was using added 2" to the bottom run & 8 " to the top run for the railing i assume. I might want to add a stretch ation for the landing so that i can keep the width of the stairs as 3'-0" or 3'8" or whatever is needed. I did my stair a little differently. I am starting my platform in the bottom right corner when you are looking at it in plan versus the top right corner that the other block was started at. I noticed that on the other block when you changed the stair width on one of the runs the other changed as well. I am not sure if they used a geometric restraint or not. it looked like they just added another stretch action. I tried this but without the desired results. Can someone give me some direction? Basically what i want is a stair that i can change the width of the stair, the bottom run of the stair, & the top run of the stair. After i get this figured out i would like to create some different visibility states for the railings & maybe showing the treads & risers differently. What i mean is that sometimes i might want to show the riser being a dashed line & the tread being solid. I figured that i better start this out being as simple as possible. I have uploaded my stair. Here are some links to the other stairs that i downloaded

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?53279-Architectural-Dynamic-Stairs

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?55545-Architectural-Dynamic-Stairs-Uneven-(Imperial)&highlight...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
steven-g
in reply to: sovby

You need to change the angle for stretch1, because the stretch parameter is horizontal and you want stretch1 to work vertically, click on stretch1 and look in the properties manager for the angle offset, I won't tell you the value, try a few and see what happens. whilst you are doing that try and see what the distance multiplier does as well (you don't need it, but it is interesting to know).

One more tip - as you get further along you will find it simpler to create all the drawing details first before you start adding parameters and actions, it saves having to go back and edit actions when you add more geometry.

Message 3 of 3
Charles_Shade
in reply to: steven-g

And eventually you add so much it gets to be quite cluttered.

You're on the right track OP.

(Look at the Angle Closed stair)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services