Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Door Block

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
anguse
195 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic Door Block

I am trying to create a dynamic door block with standard structural opening & leaf sizes, with attributes attached to the block (dimensions, fire rating etc). Some of the attributes are variables, and some are fixed. I initially set up the dynamic block with various visibility states, but this means all the attributes have to have different tag names. Ultimately, I want to extract the attributes to a schedule, so would like to retain the same tag names. Any suggestions as to how to achieve this? I have attached my work in progress which may explain the situation better. Many thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Ron_Auble
in reply to: anguse

I don't know if I understand why you must have different tag names for different visibility states? You can display a attribute in any of the visibility states you want without there being anything different about it. Is the problem that some attributes only apply to some states? Attached is a copy of your example displaying the attributes in each state.
Message 3 of 3
anguse
in reply to: anguse

Thank you. I see where you are coming from. What I was trying to create was attributes that would change automatically depending on the size of the door, rather than having to input the different sizes when you changed the door size. I realise though, that I can't have different attributes with the same name within the same block.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services