Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block with Rotation

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ktask
675 Views, 8 Replies

Dynamic Block with Rotation

Good afternoon,

I am trying to create a block with a number of different controllable options. One that I need is Angle1 on the attached block to rotate the three bars and the array parameter in 20 degrees in either direction. I've been playing with this all day and it seems like it should be very straight forward but I can't figure it out. If anyone could offer any assisstance that would be great!

Thanks!

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ojuris
in reply to: ktask

hi Try this Regards Juris
Message 3 of 9
ojuris
in reply to: ojuris

when I can normally attach file in this forum?

for previous message, try this link for file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/401581/Conveyor%20Sorting%20Table%20Block_2.dwg

Message 4 of 9
ktask

When I try to rotate the section on your block I can still rotate most of the way around except for 135degrees on the left of the original placement rather than being able to rotate a maximum 20 degrees in either direction from the starting position. Do I maybe have a setting somewhere that's wrong? Is it working on your computer?

Message 5 of 9
ojuris

Message 6 of 9
ktask

I did get yours to work but had some trouble translating that to my block. There doesn't seem to be any limits when I translate the properties over as I can rotate the full 360. The main issues is the way all our templates are set up (and thus all our blocks must be set up) is different from the way you've got your settings. I've attached screen grabs of first your settings then mine. I've also attached the block where I tried to copy your set up.

Message 7 of 9
ojuris

May be You can sen file with Your block. Now You send file created by WBLOCK and I don't see Your settings

Message 8 of 9
ktask

Basically our settings are clockwise and north as default for direction. Because of this my block needs to be set up the same way so that everything works as it should when inserted into one of our templates. Your block had the units set to counter clockwise and east 

Message 9 of 9
ojuris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services