Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block sizes change after editing the block

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jdowell
723 Views, 8 Replies

Dynamic Block sizes change after editing the block

This is happening to myself and a co-worker so I know it's not just me. I have a DB that I created for wood shelving. It's a pretty simple block. Just 2 stretch parameters (1 height and 1 width) and it's got a couple of fields linked to some dimensions. Also there are a few visibilty states. I've got this block in my drawing about 18 times. After I have defined the widths and depths of all of these blocks, if I go in to the block editor and I don't even have to change anything in the block (just go in and out), once I get back out to model space, all of my blocks have changed size. They have all changed in different increments. Some by as much as 200mm others by as little as 12mm. This is very frustrating. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Please Help!!!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: jdowell

Message 3 of 9
jdowell

Here's the DB
Message 4 of 9
Charles_Shade

I grabbed your block, inserted it several times, stretched it, added some construction lines to the edges, opened BE and closed/saved, no change, opened BE and renamed Depth to Distance (parameter), Closed/saved no change.
I did notice that your depth Dimension does not stretch greater than 381 and this is not reflected in the Section other than it staying 381. You may want to move your Section(s) from the Mid Text Actions and just place it with the Depth Stretch Action. That will keep its relative position regardless of depth. Just some thoughts.
I guess I did not have the problem you describe here.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 5 of 9
jdowell

What version of AutoCAD are you using?
Message 6 of 9
Charles_Shade
Message 7 of 9
jdowell

I'm using 2007. I opened it on a couple of other computers here in the office and it did the same thing. One of the computers had 2007 and the other had 2007 LT. However, I kinda solved the problem. I deleted the Base Point Parameter and it stopped doing it. So I guess I'll just have to deal with not having a dynamic base point. I just wanted the base point to stay centered when I adjust the size of the block. As for the depth not letting you go past 381, the depth on my computer works just fine. I don't know what's up with that. But on another note, is there any way to make the section view change size when I adjust the depth on the plan view? I've tried to figure something out but I've got nowhere. Thanks for all your help.
Message 8 of 9
Charles_Shade

This DB is revised of the one posted above.
I've added two Stretch Actions to the Flat Visibility State in the section. This will control the section when the depth changes. As I wrote the right side dimension did not increase when the depth was over 381 (your shelves may never get deeper but I saw it as a missed opportunity) so I added it to the Stretch Depth Action as well as the dimension on the left. (I noticed later that this is only the case with the Flat State)
The section has had a .5 Move Action assigned to it so it stays centered with the shelf regardless of length. I've added your Basepoint to this Action so maybe that will solve the size change problem, don't know.
There is a second Move Action assigned to the section in case you need to move it to get out of the way of text or whatever.
The other two Visibility States would need these revisions made to reflect this across the whole block.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 9 of 9
jdowell

Thank you very much sir. You have been a great help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services