Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block problems in AutoCAD LT 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jake.l
2036 Views, 6 Replies

Dynamic Block problems in AutoCAD LT 2013

I have found the following problems to be new for 2013:

- Using a rotation parameter on a dynamic block rotates one of the angle vertices as well as the objects it is supposed to rotate. This means that, when rotating, the angle shown does not correspond to the angle that the object has rotated.

-In the example attached, the rotation seems to rotate the visibility list strangely instead of the above problem.

- Also, when creating a visibility set, selecting the drop-down box in the ribbon does not "set to current" this makes it frustrating to create dynamic blocks using this parameter.

These problems occur with both new blocks (created with 2013) and old ones (created with 2012)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
SimonSamuels
in reply to: jake.l

I am also having problems with the Dynamic Blocks - the polar stretch functionality is completely gone - all this does now is rotate the block and move the handle without stretching the geometry - these blocks are vital to my workflow and livelihood - who do I sue?

Message 3 of 7
SimonSamuels
in reply to: SimonSamuels

And I am using full AutoCAD 2013 not LT - but as soon as possible I will uninstalling and returning to 2012 - which at least works.....

Message 4 of 7
Charles_Shade

If you save down to 2010 Format does it still perform the same as described?

And if so post the 2010 version.

Message 5 of 7
jake.l
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hi Charles,

Yes it does still have the same problem concerning the visibility list.

I expect this is an interface problem rather than a problem with the block.

As for the rotation problem, it is still there in a 2010 drawing also.

Message 6 of 7
ojuris

do the problems still in this file?

may be I don`t understand problem

Juris

Message 7 of 7
kvnbrn

regarding the visibility issue, I had the same problem. turn off the property preview and it seems to work. Go to Options, Selection, Property preview. I have them all turned off.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services