Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block Help!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
amflasf
634 Views, 12 Replies

Dynamic Block Help!

Can someone help me with this dynamic block...when I stretch it the arrows do weird things.

It would be nice to stretch with the arrows not losing their shape.

Any thoughts. I've attached the file if someone can assist on making it work right and forwarding it back.

That would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
scot-65
in reply to: amflasf

Try posting your inquiry here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Dynamic-Blocks/bd-p/154

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 3 of 13
Charles_Shade

I do not believe that you will be able to get the Arrows to rotate with the change in the Radius of the Arc.

Message 4 of 13
amflasf
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I don't understand why they can't stretch in place.

Maybe it is because of the angle of the arc?

Other suggestions on how I can achieve this same symbol look and get it to work?

Message 5 of 13
AcadAdamLT

The angle changes on the arc the more you stretch it, for the arrows to stay aligned it would require that they be rotated in accordance, this could be done with a move and rotation parameter combined with a Block property tablet and some mathematics.

Not something I can throw my mind into right now and I wouldn't be able to guarantee success either, your gonna have to prioritize, will this save you enough time to make up for the amount of time spent making this right?

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 6 of 13
lxpichet

Hi, please see attached file for a possible solution.

Since Autocad 2010, most of previous dynamic issues can be solved by combining parametrics with dynamic actions.

I changed a few little things in the bloc you posted and it is now functionnal, please see attached file. Note that there is a doted line on Deftpoints for guidance in the bloc: this line will not print.

Regards

Louis-Xavier Pichet
Message 7 of 13
Charles_Shade
in reply to: lxpichet

...unless you have access to a version of AutoCAD that allows Geometric Constraints to be used.

LT Versions do not have this functionality.

Message 8 of 13
lxpichet
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Hi Charles,

I know this fact. However, the original post did not request any version nor did it specify an LT version.

Louis-Xavier Pichet
Message 9 of 13
Charles_Shade

That was to let others who may come across this post know a limitation and to update my original response that this could not be achieved.

You showed the OP a way to do what he requested.

Message 10 of 13
amflasf

Thanks so much for shooting back a 'fixed' version of the dynamic block.

Unfortunately, we're working on CAD 2007 and I can't open it or convert it with TrueView.

Do you mind saving it down and reposting?

Much appreciated!

Message 11 of 13
lxpichet

Hi, I doubt that it will be functionnal after a downgrade of the version. Please let me know if it works or not.

Meanwhile, I will be working on a block that would include only dynamic actions and parameters. Note that this could take a few days!

Regards,

Louis-Xavier Pichet
Message 12 of 13
amflasf

Yep, won't work in 2007. When opened it lost all dynamic properties.

Arg. My boss won't upgrade to 2013. Gotta make due.

Alternatively, maybe having a thicker line on the end of the arc would work.

Or making the arc a pline and then having thicker ends.

Preferred is the arrow but with the limitations of 2007 we might need to adjust.

Message 13 of 13
lxpichet

Hi,

After a few tests, I think I could get the block to work. There are some limits to what can be achieved with dynamic action and parameters, so you might not be able to use it in all situations.

Please have a look at the file and mark as solved if this is the solution to your problem.

Regards,

Louis-Xavier Pichet

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services