Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block Grip Location

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ktask
372 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic Block Grip Location

Good morning everyone,

I've encountered a small issue with a dynamic block I'm creating. The issue is that because of the way the block snaps to adjacent blocks, in needs to be inserted in profile view. But, the dynamic feature changes parts of the block on the left and right when in plan view. I had hoped to have a grip each side when the drawing is viewed in plan but because of the 2D set up of the block editor mode I can't move them off the insertion point plane. Does anyone know a way to move grips in the Z axis? I've tried turning autosnap on and moving them that way, and they look correct in block editor but are still on the insertion plane when inserted into a drawing.

My only other option, if it's impossible to move them in the z-axis, is to label them as left and right for the end user but I'm not sure how to do that either.

Any help on either of these would be great.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: ktask

It's hard to know what you are asking without a file to look at.

It is possible to move the block objects to a different height within the block.  That effectively changes the height of the grips.  When inserting and manipulating blocks that are used in 3D models, it is sometimes effective to use the UCS.  E.g., I have a muntins block that I use to add custom window muntins to the 3d model of the building.  To add the muntin block, I set the UCS so that the window pane is the X/Y Plane and the exterior is the Z direction.

Message 3 of 3
ktask
in reply to: Libbya

Thanks Libbya,

I think I found a work around for my issue. I made a dummy block that had just my dynamic block in it. It's inserted off our tool palette in profile view as required but then it automatically explodes and the actual dynamic block I made, I made in plan view so the arrows are on either side of the piece. 

Thanks anyways though!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services