Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block Copy Clip Text Issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
954 Views, 1 Reply

Dynamic Block Copy Clip Text Issues

Hi,

I am having issues with a dynamic block that we've created. Whenever I mirror or rotate the block in the original drawing, the text shows up fine (with mirrtext set appropriately). Whenever I copy clip this same arrangement across to another drawing, however, the text goes upside down, inside out, back to front etc.

We are a hydraulic services group that often has typical bathroom layouts on different floors, so copy clipping across to each level saves a lot of time.

Is there some simple way I can adjust the dynamic block definition to avoid this? I've attached the block for reference.

Thanks in advance.

Greg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Well I was going to suggest:

Using Attributes; you have done that.

Making sure the Attribs are Locked; you have done that too.

All Attrib's have unique Tags; but alas you have defeated all my usual suspects.

I suspect that if this is a DynBlk that has been mirrored its Scale X is -1.

This I have found to be a problem when mirroring DynBlk's. Only solution has been to Mirror them back, rework, punt (usually easier to start over).

Other choice is to use a Flip Action instead of Mirror Command. Little more time on the build side of the block but faster in the long run than the clunky Mirror Command.

If you Flip the block when you need a mirrored view then the Copy/Paste should work well for you.

Please remember to check Solved if your question has been answered

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services