Did you mean: 

Dynamic Beam LISP help

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ugsquish
1790 Views, 4 Replies

Dynamic Beam LISP help

I have recently began working with lisp's and am a little out of my league with a lisp I need if anyone is willing to help that would be great.

I am working at an engineering firm. I have had to basicly redraw all the openings since our clients seem to be using wipepout blocks for their doors and windows. Well I want to make a beam lisp that will ask the user to click an insert point, width, and angle then draw an appropriate  wipeoutblock with a dashed line down the center to represent our beam then rotate it into place.

Thank you for any help on this you all can give me.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dmfrazier
in reply to: ugsquish

It "sounds" like you're asking for a LISP routine, yet you've posted in the DB forum.

Based on your comments, it seems to me that what you want can be done with a DB.  The only thing that isn't clear to me is what the DB should look like in general.

Can you draw a (static) block that represents the "base condition" and post it here?

Message 3 of 5
ugsquish
in reply to: dmfrazier

Here is a representation of the block. But I need to write a command that will allow me to just drop it in and set its size. I have this same post over in the lisp section and they reccomended me to post it here. Basicly I want my users to have to click twice. Once for insertion point, second for length and rotation. If this is at all possable anyway. Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 4 of 5
Charles_Shade

Something like this a starting point?

Message 5 of 5
dmfrazier

"Basicly I want my users to have to click twice. Once for insertion point, second for length and rotation."

It was fairly straightforward to get a Polar Stretch (with some Constraints) to effectively combine "length and rotation" into one action for the "beam" and the mid-line.  I had some initial trouble with (and mounting doubts about) how well the WIPEOUT would behave, but after a few trials (and tribulations) the block in the DWG in the attached ZIP file seems to do what you have described.  (I drew some random lines to test the WIPEOUT.)

I assumed you wanted the insert point to be the upper-left corner (as it was in your block).  Because of this, I also assumed you would want that point to be center of rotation and the stretch grip to be at the upper-right corner.

I re-named the block "db_Beam" (just one of my conventions).

I edited the block with AutoCAD 2013, but saved the file as 2010 (to match the format you sent).

I don't know what your plan is to make this block available to other users.  If I were doing this, I would probably put it on a Tool Palette (drag-n-drop the block from its container DWG via DesignCenter).  If so, the users will actually have to click more than twice - once on the palette, once in the model to place it, once to select the stretch grip, and once to place it - but I think it's essentially what you're after.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services