Dynamic Blocks

FNP
FNP
Message 1 of 5 (140 Views)

Duplicate objects due to Editing Block

140 Views, 4 Replies
03-17-2014 01:37 PM

It seems every time I edit the block, all the objects are duplicated.  Does anyone know what is the problem? please see the attached file. thanks

*Expert Elite*
edwin.prakoso
Message 2 of 5 (128 Views)

Re: Duplicate objects due to Editing Block

03-17-2014 07:05 PM in reply to: FNP

I don't see anything wrong with the block. Except I see the object grips are on.

Can you elaborate your problem?

Kind regards,
Edwin Prakoso | www.cad-notes.com | @CADnotes

If this post solve your issue, please mark this post as solution. It will help others who have the same issue to find solution.
Distinguished Contributor
imadhabash
Message 3 of 5 (121 Views)

03-18-2014 12:05 AM in reply to: FNP

Of course this will happen because when you go inside your block by Block Edit Command, you will find that there is a lot of overlap lines.

you have to clean you lines maybe by Overkill Command or by selecting one by one.

Good Luck....

If it's solved your Kudo press button will appreciated :smileyhappy:

Please mark this as the solution if it resolves your issue.Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 4 of 5 (111 Views)

03-18-2014 05:31 AM in reply to: FNP

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

You're not the first to have this happen and the reason is not known.

My only thought is that the Block gets caught in an AutoCAD crash and somehow gets corrupted.

I've had this happen to two or thre over the last several years. 

You can search the topic in this Forum and find several threads on the subject.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
FNP
FNP
Message 5 of 5 (102 Views)

03-18-2014 06:51 AM in reply to: imadhabash

Hi imadhabash,

The overlap and duplication occurs only when you open the block with the edit command. Try to explode the block before using the block editor, you will see there is no overalp and all the lines are single with no duplication. Now open the block with the editor and save it without making any changes, you will see that all the lines are duplicated.

Thanks  

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community