Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Swings

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
Modman_4
802 Views, 20 Replies

Door Swings

Okay so perhaps someone has asked this before but I can't find it. I followed the basic lesson on creating a dynamic door symbol, with the stretching, scaling and flipping and all that. What I am wondering is, has anyone successfully added the ability to rotate the door slab within a certain range and have the arc indicating the swing clip to it? All of this while being able to pick the door size, and without using a number of blocks and the lookup tables/visibility?
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
20 REPLIES 20
Message 21 of 21
Modman_4
in reply to: Modman_4

Okay here is what I have so far. I haven't done the visibility state thing yet, but this works pretty well for a lot of what I do have. I wrestled and wrestled with trying to get all to work with a flip parameter, as in the standard lesson, but something I was doing was making the jamb opposite the hinge move farther and farther away (by some multiple of whatever length the door was) with each flip and flip-back etc. Oh the rest of the lines stretched along with it okay, but it was just behaving incorrectly. For now I can just manually mirror it, but I'd sure like to figure out being able to make it flip and scale properly. If anyone has any ideas I'd sure appreciate it. In the meantime I can play with that whole visibility thing for the jamb types....
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services