Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different basepoints in multiple visibility states

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
j.reid
881 Views, 6 Replies

Different basepoints in multiple visibility states

I've been building some blocks of flange side views.  I have 2 visibility states for a weld neck flange: one to show a raised face, and one to show a flat face.  My department would like to have the blocks pick point (or basepoint) at the center of both the raised face and flat face, however I can only seem to have one or the other.

Any tips?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hwalker
in reply to: j.reid

Welcome to the Forums

Instead of using separate base points, I suggest you create your block so that the centre of both visibility states is at 0,0, just like in the attached drawing.

Click on the square and then choose oval

The block is called test if you want to have a look at it

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 7
j.reid
in reply to: hwalker

Thanks for the welcome!

I was hoping not to have to rebuild them, but from researching the topic and your reply that seems to be the option I have.

Thank you for the reply. 🙂

Message 4 of 7
ojuris
in reply to: j.reid

hi!

may be You can try in this way

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/401581/move.dwg

Regards

Juris

Message 5 of 7
Libbya
in reply to: ojuris

Ojuris, your block doesn't work for me.  The square changes color, but the basepoint does not move.  Regardless, there isn't any need for the dual lookup tables (is that from the visibility-add-eng LISP?).  You can add a vibility state and linear move (or rather two, just to make coordinates easy) to a single Lookup table and accomplish the same thing.  I've used that technique for moving and scaling attributes for different visibility states rather than having multiples or fields. 

To the OP, you can have as many 'pick points' as you want in a block.  Add a point and a move parameter and select the items and you're done.  If adding multiple pick points be sure to add all of them before selecting the items so you move all the points together with the objects.

Message 6 of 7
ojuris
in reply to: Libbya

hi!

If I understand right there isn't need to move basepoint.

I show possibility in existing block using visibility and double lookup move objects to different place. In this case You don't need rebuild existing block.

The block is working for You. If You open block in editor - You can see 2 squares in different place, but when You using block and switch visibility - they are in same place. That's mean - You can move objects in DB by switching visibility.

Juris

Message 7 of 7
Libbya
in reply to: ojuris

Right on.  That makes sense.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services