Dynamic Blocks

Distinguished Contributor
jarredmonday
Message 1 of 6 (266 Views)
Accepted Solution

DB Rotating text problem. Any suggestions?

266 Views, 5 Replies
01-14-2013 12:50 PM

Hello,

After opening the test block, use the Rotate parameter and notice the perfecting. Now use the move parameter on the circle/number and move away from the base object. Then rotate again and notice the number. The numbers action is the problem.

I have an issue with the number rotating on a different axis when it should be within the circle at all times. The issue arises after moving the circle/number then rotating it. The circle is acting perfectly, overall, but the number is acting odd.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

-Jarred M.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Mentor
truss_85
Message 2 of 6 (255 Views)

Re: DB Rotating text problem. Any suggestions?

01-14-2013 11:10 PM in reply to: jarredmonday

I think it is working. Take a look. There is no need to add 2 points, besides one of them chain action is off. Let me know if is not that you want?

Regards

Distinguished Contributor
jarredmonday
Message 3 of 6 (246 Views)

01-15-2013 05:19 AM in reply to: truss_85

Thank you very much, I was going around in circles on this one. Seems simple enough now. Great job thank you.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Mentor
truss_85
Message 4 of 6 (243 Views)

01-15-2013 06:40 AM in reply to: jarredmonday

Anytime you need. I am glad it is working.

Contributor
holly
Message 5 of 6 (114 Views)

06-24-2013 01:58 PM in reply to: truss_85

Hi there,

Would you please help me understand the process on what you did to maintain the text aligned while rotating the object? I have the same problem trying to rotate the block but text will not stay aligned specially when rotating after 90 deg.

Thank you.

Regards,

SBeng
AutoCAD LT 2012
Windows 7 - 64 bit
Mentor
truss_85
Message 6 of 6 (110 Views)

06-24-2013 11:00 PM in reply to: holly

You need to use point parameter and move action to move the text. When you use rotation selection set not include text only point and its grip and make sure chain action property set to yes. I hope it is helpful.

Regards...

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community