Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Door and Window

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rww09c
625 Views, 4 Replies

Creating a Door and Window

Can any one please show me how to make Doors and Windows with AutoCad? I know that we use the W (Write Block) command and the I (Insert) command, but I don't know how to use them. I believe that we have to be able to use the specifications that are giving to us and make the doors and windows.

Because I'm new to AutoCad, please make your directions as easy as possible (baby steps), because this is just my 2nd week using this program.  I really can use some help. Thanks for the help, in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Charles_Shade
in reply to: rww09c

What is your Platform?

Do you have Palettes open (TP from the Command line. FYI - Many time COMMANDS are provided in all CAPS in this Forum)

If you have the Palette open Right Click the Menu bar (of the Palette) and choose Architectural.

This will get you Doors and Windows quickly.

For the longer term: Start with a local community class or just keep pounding away.

If you can draw a square in CAD you can draw a window (or door if a rectangle Smiley Wink)

WBLOCK is how to get your drawing into another File if need be. There is not need to do this if you just save the file to its own name.

INSERT will allow you to bring this separate drawing into the current drawing where it will now be a Block. (Secret - All Drawing Files are Blocks if they have been INSERTed into another drawing. Big or small it does not matter - Except for XREF's but that's next years lesson.)

Message 3 of 5
AcadAdamLT

It's very hard to "teach" with only text through a forum, I would recommend doing a bit of googling on blocks in general. There are alot of tutorials and tips to fetch, many experienced Autocad users do Cad-Blogs. Checking up on them once in while could provide you with alot of tips and tricks.

Blocks (Basic)

http://www.google.se/search?q=autocad+block+tutorial&oq=autocad+block+tutorial&sugexp=chrome,mod=3&s...

Dynamic blocks (Advanced)

http://www.google.se/search?q=autocad+dynamic+block+tutorial&oq=autocad+dynamic+block+tutorial&sugex...

Good luck and happy cadding

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 4 of 5
rww09c

Mr. Charles,

Sorry for the late reply, as I didn't notice that you wrote a message. I figured out how to make doors and windows. It's pretty easy, but I do have a next question, and I realize I might be in the wrong discussion group. I'm still getting used to navigating in autodesk.

The question is: In my class, we use AutoCad LT 2011. Do you know how I can obtain a copy of this version? I have the student version of AutoCad 2011, but it's missing some of the commands that we use in class. It's missing the Double Line command, dragline, etc. I know there are other ways around it. I heard of MultiLine, but I would really like to have what my class is using and not get confused.

Message 5 of 5
Charles_Shade

I'm not sure.

After looking at the Student Community it did not seem to be available. Autodesk is known to "hide" things though.

I posed a question in your LT thread to see if that is available. The 'Desker should respond there though it did not read as though she fully understood your query.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services