Controlling multiple dynamic blocks

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
akos084
2737 Views, 9 Replies

Controlling multiple dynamic blocks

Hi,

I am using the same block several times in a drawing. It is controlled with Block Properties Table. Is there a way to change all the blocks at once? Now I have to look for all the blocks and change them manually. Until there is only a couple in a drawing, it is doable. However their numbers are increasing exponentially...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
M_Hensley
in reply to: akos084

Pick on one of the blocks to highlight it. Right-click and choose Select Similar. All similar blocks should highlight and you can adjust all settings using the properties palette.

Message 3 of 10
Charles_Shade
in reply to: M_Hensley

But be aware that if this is a Vis State change all the Block's options may not be available to you.

Message 4 of 10
Libbya
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I'm using ACA 2013 and select similar does not work for Dynamic Blocks of the same name that are dynamically different (stretched, moved, etc, etc...).  As a workaround, I use Qselect to select all blocks of a given name.  

Message 5 of 10
Imui

Hello

If the parammeters have the same name it shoud work

Message 6 of 10
Libbya
in reply to: Imui

I don't understand what you are trying to say about the parameters.  It is my understanding that whenever there are multiple occurrences of the same dynamic block, the parameters are named the same.  If two or more occrrences of the same block have had all the exact same dynamic actions performed on them, then select similar will sometimes work to select them.  If any action is different it will not select that block.  See attached screen captures.  I inserted 8 occurrences of the same block and in each screen capture performed select similar after selecting the top block.  I am using AutoCAD Architecture 2013 and have observed the same behavior on multiple workstations.

Message 7 of 10
akos084

Selecting similar items were never a problem. That is working. but even in this case I have to resize everything individually.

What I wanted to achive is to resize all the same blocks, when I am resizing one. Like a master-slave relationship with the blocks. If i modify one, the other inserted blocks will follow the modification.

Message 8 of 10
Libbya

I do not know of any way to have one block affect the behavior of the other blocks.  As was mentioned previously,tho, the properties palette has each of the parameters listed under "Custom".   If you want to globally change all the blocks in a drawing at the same time and to the same value, you can do so by selecting all of the blocks and entering the new value into the specific parameter you want to change.

Message 9 of 10
Imui

sorry about the hasty reply.

what i tried to say is that if you have diverent dinamic blocks with the same parameter name you could modify them all via the prop. panell

Message 10 of 10
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Imui

Different Blocks as in: Multiple Inserts of the same Block.

Different Blocks as in: BlockA, BlockB, BlockC; each with exactly the same named Parameter(s)

In each case the Properties Pallete or QP Window (in some cases) can be used to modify the Paramater(s) for all chosen.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services