Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constraints for separate rotation paramters/actions.....

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JCard
489 Views, 2 Replies

Constraints for separate rotation paramters/actions.....

I posted this in the "AutoCAD" forum, but was directed to post here since Dynamic Blocks had their own forum.....

Can anybody explaind How can I constrain two circle's center points and have them move along the same arc with a rotation parameter?

I am trying to create a dynamic block of a robot for planning and want the arm and end efector to rotate independantly but have the end efector "follow" the arm rotation.

Block is attached if anybody wants to try.  

I already have the two separate rotation parameters defined.

Thanks,

JCard
Electrical Designer
Logical Systems, LLC
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: JCard

My first step would be to save the individual moving pieces as blocks so you don't have to deal with all the individual linework.

IMO, the best way to "constrain" the two motions together is not with constraints, but instead add a move parameter to the center point.  Set the move parameter sot that "chain actions" is 'yes' and 'grips' is '0'.  For a selection set for the move parameter  select all of the pieces of the second moving part and the second rotation parameter.  Add the move parameter to the selection set of the first rotation parameter.  Here's your file back with those bits added. 

Message 3 of 3
JCard
in reply to: Libbya

Thank you for the explanation of your modifications.

I was able to duplicate the results!

Grateful!

JCard
Electrical Designer
Logical Systems, LLC

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services