Block Properties Table

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Charles_Shade
2542 Views, 9 Replies

Block Properties Table

Bwaaa Haa Haa Haa

Just when I thought I had done all I could to these DynBlk's I now have to go and provide this Block Properties Table where appropriate.

Bwaaa Haa Haa Haaa... as Doctor Evil might chortle...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Message 3 of 10
Modman_4
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Sweet! How'd yo do that? By the way, I am weeks away (perhaps days) from ordering AutoCAD Inventor Lt Suite (with subscription) for my own use 🙂

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 4 of 10
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Modman_4

Patience and fortitude my friend, patience and fortitude.

I started with the basic smallest window. 1'8 x 2'10 in this case and placed the 4 over 4 muntin bars in it top and bottom sash. Then just used normal Stretch Actions on the Window and Muntins.

Then in the same small window did a 6 over 6, 8 over 8 and so on.

You will notice that the Actions are labeled 66-99-1212 (or something) that's because the same Horiz or Verts showed in the same area and one Stretch worked across multiple Vis States.

Took a while to get the Multipliers right. Someone here recently posted a Constrained Block with Formulas that altered spacing dependent on size but LT does not have Geometric Constraints.

That's the kicker: Vis States - It's almost like having multiple Vis States using the Block Properties Table.

When setting up the Table I assigned a Vis State to a size and voila.

The Vis State grips are set to zero at this time but If you set it to 1 you can have the Muntin be Prairie style - but - I did not take the time to make these achitecturally pleasing.

This is a 2011 DynBlk.

Message 5 of 10
neaton

Sweet! I have to look into this more.

Nancy

Message 6 of 10
Charles_Shade
in reply to: neaton

I started a second Twin window version but have not gotten very far with it.

I can't decide how to go about Stretching the Vertical Muntins w/o twice the Stretch Actions although this is likely the only way.

The Width Parameter has been moved to the center with a Multiplier of two. The change in the vertical Muntins needs to be that in the left hand window they will all stretch left and in the right hand window they will all stretch right instead of the left and right they stretch in the Single.

Currently I look thru a list of around 350 windows for singles, twins, triple, a couple quads consisting of Casements, DH, Transoms and Picture windows. I could see eventually winnowing this down to four blocks using the Block Properties Table.

This one block is essentially 117 windows. Far more than the total number of single DH I have in Design Center. When done I'll have 468 windows to choose from just in Double Hung.

The size and muntin pattern are based on standard Andersen window sizing.

Message 7 of 10
Modman_4

Yanno Chuck, mebbe they'll let you upgrade to the Inventor LT Suite where you can practice drawing parametric 3D parts 😉

For a price of course 😛

I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 8 of 10
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Modman_4

And a Transom...

BTW - I did finally realize that the multiplier was easy - If there were 6 panes then the first was 5/6 the second 4/6 the third 3/6 and so on...

Message 9 of 10
AcadAdamLT

Very impressing work :Smileyhappy:

"Roaming the forums gathering the knowledge of others"

/Adam

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 10 of 10
jmickolio

Wow. This is super impressive! 

I need to basically create the exact same thing, but for a line of Pella windows for our office. Could you provide a little instruction on how to make my own version of this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services