Did you mean: 

Better way for automatic flip

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
AcadAdamLT
505 Views, 6 Replies

Better way for automatic flip

Hi,

Been sometime since I constructed DB's so feeling a bit rusty, attached is a simple block for polar stretch and flip text.

It works as intended without any problems but since I used a block property tablet to control my polar-angle-flip the entire block is a bit slow for my computer  to handle, anybody got an idea of how to archieve the same function without using a block property tablet.

PS: I don't want anymore grips then the one I have.

Function: See attached, when the polar parameter angle goes above 180° the text flips over the line.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
gil.dalton
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

This was just a thought I had as I was leaving the office and haven't had a chance to try it but; could you use an intermediate attribute that contains a formula along the lines of Angle1/90 with 0 decimal places so that the result would be in the region of 0 to 4, your block table would then only have to contain 5 values rather than 360.

Not sure how well this would work as I've never been able to get formulas with object properties in them to work very well, also I'm not sure if a block table will work taking the index value from a calculated fied but I thought it was worth throwing the idea out there.
Message 3 of 7
gil.dalton
in reply to: gil.dalton

Had a bash at trying to make my suggestion work but couldn't; I got the intermediate attribute to update so that I only had 5 different values to deal with but I couldn't get the flip state to change based on the attributes value.

I don't know if a similar approach using constraints and user parameters might work but I simply can't get my head round constraints at all so I wouldn't know where to start with that approach.

Message 4 of 7
Charles_Shade

Not too sure you can if you need the text the Stretch away from the dot as well.

You've done this that I have attached haven't you?

If not I've attached several examples of this type of rotation for you to look dissect.

Message 5 of 7
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I don't think there is any other way to archieve the same function without using a block property tablet, not when the line is supposed to be centered under the text at all time... =/

Charles, you had some good alternatives but in this specific case I need the line to be centered under the text, and your alternative "Test-1.dwg" would in other cases be an excellent substitue, the only problem is that when the text is placed in 90° the line will cover the text if the text is over 4 letters, in my case the text will range between 5-16 letters.

Thank you all for inputs!

Regards

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 6 of 7
Charles_Shade

Yes I thought that is what was going to be the other issue.

Keeping the line centered was not going to happen.

Message 7 of 7
Libbya
in reply to: Charles_Shade

A double lookup achieves the same functionality without being hitchy, provides infinite angle values and is easier/faster to set up as it only requires defining two ranges rather than all the incremental values.  It literally took me less than a minute to delete your block properties table and make the double lookup and have the block working as attached.  If you want it incremental, then you can add the increment to the polar parameter instead.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services