Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attributes In-Line with Text

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
razorangel
484 Views, 5 Replies

Attributes In-Line with Text

I'm wanting to change some of the portions of a string of text in a block to be attributes. I have created a dynamic block that has actions & parameters I want, but now I need to change some of the text to be editable. I'm attaching my started block so you can see what I'm working with. The only visibility state that will need these attributes is the "Matchline" state. I've circled the two portions of the string with red ellipses to show which portions which need to be attributes. Please help!
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Charles_Shade
in reply to: razorangel

Nothing attached.

You do know that entities can be added/removed to the selection set whenever you want?

In 2010 and up right click the highlighted Action and choose Add to Selection Set. In lower versions double click the Action and go thru the usual prompts. Remember that Polar Actions require 2 selections.

And create these new Attribs in the Matchline Vis State.

Or have I missed the point not seeing the block...

Message 3 of 6
razorangel
in reply to: Charles_Shade

My apologies.  Somehow the attachment didn't attach when I chose it.

Message 4 of 6
Charles_Shade

Okay, so you have a block with editable attributes that can be flipped by a Flip Action.

'Well, razorangel,in the language of the planet "What's your beef?"'

Message 5 of 6
razorangel
in reply to: Charles_Shade

My situation is that I want one long "text" string that includes attributes which are editible, but not the entire line to be editable.  In my example, I want "MATCHLINE - SEE DWG." to be static, in that it is not editable.  "XXX-XXX-XXX" should be editable.  "X. X+XX'-X" should be editable.  But I want the spacing to appear it's one long text string, and to stay centered on the block's base-point.

Now, someone somewhere else mentioned making attributes in the block invisible, and putting fields in the spaces of the text string point to the invisible attributes, but that has yet to yield any results except to return the Default values of the invisible attributes.

Message 6 of 6
Charles_Shade

I'm not sure you can drive the movement of the spacing by the length of the attribute. The closest you could come is to make one Left Bottom justified and the other Right Bottom justified but you would still have the problem with the static part being overlapped by one attrib nor would this stay centered. There is nothing to let the block know to Move the text .5 units in some direction as you would say using a Move Action with a Stretch Action/Parameter.

With luck I will be proved wrong.

You may be right about the Fields doing such as you describe but I am not the one who can help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services