Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array Action

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Charles_Shade
1280 Views, 10 Replies

Array Action

Sure wish you could manipulate the Column Offset of an Array Action with a Stretch Action.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ArchD
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I second this. I'm trying to build a block that needs this also. Wish you could add paramaters into the column value. Seems like this would have been done by now.

I guess this is remedied by visual states for now... Shame.

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 11
FSJ_Mo

I also wish it would array the attributes associated with the array components...

Message 4 of 11
tanerpro

I am trying to do rebar spacing but can't, any ideas?

Just a simple circle, and with different spacings.

The attached example draws rebars with 15cm spacing, but what about varying distances, ie 15, 23, 8.....?

Message 5 of 11
Imui

Can't a normal array action be used?(outside of a block)

The array command has changed in 2012 release. I'm using 2011, so my data is not quite up to date.

Message 6 of 11
Libbya
in reply to: Imui

I wish you could use fields in formulas within the properties just in general...  That would give UNLIMITED POWER!

Message 7 of 11
MuHcOw
in reply to: tanerpro

I'm also trying to create a dynamic "rebar-block" - I need to be able to change the array spacing..
You can change the spacing when using a "normal" array - But not in a dynamic block..

Any known workarounds ??

The attached block is still under construction (no array in it, yet) - Ones I figure out how-to I'll start from scratch with a new block.

Kind regards

Windows 7 - AutoCAD 2012, SP2

Message 8 of 11
Libbya
in reply to: MuHcOw

As of 2015 there is still no way to dynamically adjust the column spacing of an array.  If you have a short list of specific offsets, you can create individual visibility states for each and switch between them.

RE your block, if you are going to use dynamic parameters/actions you should get rid of all the constraints.  They usually don't play well together.

Message 9 of 11
Imui
in reply to: MuHcOw

Message 10 of 11
MuHcOw
in reply to: Libbya

I also think that visibility states is what I'll end up with.
Unfortunately we don't have "standard spacings" - Depends on the forces acting on the concrete.
- But there are some spacings that are used more than others. Maybe I can array them..
I'm also thinking about leaving the block "as is" and use it as start/end-points for a normal array.
And yes - It doesn't seem that dynamic parameters and constraints play well together. Couldn't get the array to move when adjusting my "cover layer" (dæklag).
Programmers.. Come on.. let's have it ! 😉 You can do it..
Message 11 of 11
MuHcOw
in reply to: Imui

Yes, that looks nice. That's the kind of behavior I'm looking for in a dynamic block.

but... 😕

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services