Did you mean: 

Annotative Blocks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Bghost12
533 Views, 4 Replies

Annotative Blocks

Good afternoon everyone,

I've just started to learn how to use Annotative Blocks and i'm running into what is probably a very simple problem.  I'm creating a block and want to assign annotative scales to it.  Once created, I insert the block into the drawing I need to use it in, and the only scale that shows up is the scale that is active when inserted.  All the other scales I added when creating the block are gone and I then have to assign the scales to the block again.  What am I doing wrong?  Or is this the way they are?  I would prefer not to have to manually assign the scales everytime the block in inserted into a drawing.  Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks.

Brian

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: Bghost12

If I remember it right (been some time since last annovative block) you have to have the annovative block saved as a drawing file, and in that drawing file all the scales needs to be set. Then when you insert the block the scales will follow.

You can use the "save block definition to drawing file" checkbox to save it as a new drawing file.

Hopefully I remembered it correctly.

Good luck to you.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 5
Bghost12
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

I tried this but it didn't work.  The block is saved as a drawing file and the scales needed are inserted into the file, but the scales still don't stay added to the block.  

Message 4 of 5
steven-g

Works here, could you post one of your blocks someone will take a look.

Message 5 of 5
AcadAdamLT

What version are you working in?

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services