Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessible Parking Dynamic Block Stretch

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sovby
2488 Views, 6 Replies

Accessible Parking Dynamic Block Stretch

I have successfully created accessible parking dynamic blocks. They work fine for new parking because they are set to always be a certain width. 5'-0" or 8'-0" for an access aisle, etc. What i would like to figure out is how to create an existing access aisle that can be stretched horizontally & vertically. The problem is that when the striping is at an angle as is the case with the access aisle how do i go about doing this? Could i put some sort of geometric constraint to be able to stretch it horizontally & vertically & keep the striping at a given angle. Also the striping may need to array as it is stretched. I am enclosing a couple of sample blocks for anyone to take a look at.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: sovby

Is the Angle (60 deg) a constant?

Or do you have many angles that you need to do?

Message 3 of 7
stanovb
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I have two situations. The angle of the access aisle will either be 60 degrees or 90 degrees so i guess my striping is either going to be 120 degrees for the 60 degree access aisle or 45 degrees for the 90 degree access aisle. I posted this in the customizing forum & somebody replied & gave me the suggestion of doing it as a hatch. This works except that i have to explode it trim the striping hatch to give me exactly what i want. It could be that it is a bit complicated. I am not sure if what i want is even possible, at least not with keeping it as a block.

Message 4 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: stanovb

I'll need to play with it a couple days but I think it can be done.

(Though Thomas or ojuris may beat me to it.)

I may have wrote too soon...

The problem would be that as the aisle gets wider the stripes run out and then end on a horizontal edge where they started on a vertical edge. It is possible to Polar Stratch lines using trig but I think not here.

Do you have the ability to create a hatch?

Or were you using somthing generic?

Message 5 of 7
stanovb
in reply to: Charles_Shade

yeah, a custom hatch is what the guy in the general customizing forum suggested. This works except that you have to explode the block so you can trim where the angled stripes hit the border of the access aisle. It's not the worst thing in the world but it would be cool to find a way to do this & keep it as a block. It is a bit complicated so his suggestion works pretty good but it would be nice to figure out a way to do this in case i want to do something similar in the future.

Message 6 of 7
rfg018
in reply to: sovby

If you only wanted on block you could:

1) use visibile state and turn on the you want. If they are always the same this would be very easy.  This is used for graphic scale.

2) this would take time and efford.  use the array, stretch, move primeters and actions to adjust each of the line.

this work for me at 90 degree, but haven't look a an angle. My limits was from 5 feet wide to 10 feet wide, and from 18 feet to 20 long.

good luck

Message 7 of 7
steven-g
in reply to: stanovb

Try this. I tried everywhich way, doing it completely as a drawing, but as Charles pointed out the diagonals stretch in one direction until you get to a corner then they have to change direction. That maybe possible with parametrics but it was making my little brain overheat. So i figured follow the advice of others and look at a hatch (well 2 hatches). I included the hatch pattern files which will need to go into your support folder. It is drawn in the metric system so may need adjusting to suit your exact needs. It is made up of line segments and with it being a hatch you can either accept it as it is or if you want a more solid appearance change the line density (in the hatch pattern file) and the lineweight (in Properties) which should give a nice effect when printed, especially if you alter the transparency as well so its not to overpowering.

I hope this helps or at least gives someone else a nudge to improve.

P.S. I'll let you figure out how to do the other type (but if you would like an explanation then just give a yell)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services