Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTSYNC Entire drawing...??

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
8316 Views, 9 Replies

ATTSYNC Entire drawing...??

In our office we have two formats of blocks (actually if you count previous block versions it would be about 10 or more but off topic)...

The 1st format is for general floor plan symbols on shop drawings...

The other format is strictly for color plots of graphic maps that are hung at the facility/building site...

The short story:

Is there a way to sync all the blocks in a

drawing to match the format desired... Bassically i want an *ALL option

in ATTSYNC or a routeen that will run attsync on all blocks in MODEL

SPACE of a drawing eleminating the need to select each block

individually to remove unwanted attrubutes...

The not so short story:

I have 2 drawings each with a different deinition of the same block(s) name(s)... The Floor plan drawing has the correct definitions for the style of drawings and the Graphic Map drawing has the color and heavire blocks defined with ATTRIBUTES REMOVED...

I want to be able to copy the necessary floor plan and symbols from Floor Plan drawing over to Graphic Map drawing and have all the symbols update to the correct format for the map style...

So far so good... But wait i still get all the attributes from the Floor Plan drawing attached to the Graphic Map drawing symbols that are defined not to have attributes...

From here i would have to run ATTSYNC on every block that has come in with unwanted attributes... How tediuos, that is far from the automated sequence of events that i was hoping for...

Is there an easier way to do this so that all the copied blocks either come in without attributes or a fast and automated way to remove attributes that come with copied blocks all at once... ??

Thanks... =]
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
gilsoto13
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe a little late, but you can do it ny using attsync.. then option Name... and then typing "*"... that will attsync all blovks in the current drawing...

Also I modified a lisp made by Lee Mac from Cadtutor to attsync only selected blocks.

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?p=276153
Tags (4)
Message 3 of 10
neaton

I created a script file with all my commonly used attribute blocks. It is easy to update or comment out blocks I don't want changed. It is much quicker to run the script file than going through the steps to ATTSYNC even one block.

Nancy
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: gilsoto13

AutoCad returns the error: Block table contains no attributed block names "*".

Message 5 of 10
steven-g

Intersting problem, I thought that if you copied blocks from one drawing to another and the blocks had the same names, then the copied blocks took on the definition of the host block, I use that trick quite often to quickly change blocks in a drawing (but that is another story) it appears that attributes will stick from the original copied blocks if they are not in the host drawing. Anyways a simple solution (without seeing the blocks you use - it seems simple) in the floor plan drawing blocks add a visibility state and put all your attributes into a second visibility state, when you need to copy your drawing, select all the blocks turn the visibility off for the attributes, then copy and paste. That should now copy the blocks into your graphics map file without the attributes (and without the visibility state parameter, because that isn't in your block definition in the graphic file).

As an added bonus if you use various blocks then create the visibility states in each one with the same names like "on" "off" that way you can select all the blocks and turn them all off in one go with the properties, because if they have the same name it is a common property.

Message 6 of 10
Swolf4230A9RUX

Using ATTSYNC and selecting NAME and typing * worked for me!

Message 7 of 10
Dany.jee
in reply to: steven-g

Hello @steven-g 

I am really interested about this method,  I am actually in this situation:

I have 100+ draws with old blocks , some with attributes, some without.. and I updated them in a new library of those blocks but with a totaly new serie of attributs.

I planned to change them quickly by copying the old draws into a new one with the new library in order to change the blocks automatically.

Can you tell me the process to change the visibility state, first into a second as you said?

Thank you very much for your help

Cheer

Message 8 of 10
steven-g
in reply to: Dany.jee

This is from a while ago, I needed to go through it again.

Having said that your situation sounds a little different, you are wanting to change a blocks attributes? it might not work for that. So you could be better starting a new post and attach example drawings (new and old).

But the method I described above, you would open the old blocks add a visibility parameter and then add to that a second visibility state, in that second visibility state you select the attributes and make them 'not' visible, effectively turning them off. Save the new block definition and then back in model space select all the blocks and in the propeerties palette turn the visibility state to the 'off' version. Now you have all the attributes turned off when you copy and paste these blocks into a new drawing with a different definition (but same name) then only the block geometry would change into the new version and attributes would not be copied.

That is maybe where the problem could be if your new definition does have attributes.

Message 9 of 10

This worked for me too but does anyone have a lisp for this? I can change the command name but curious if anyone has written this out yet?

Message 10 of 10

it's *.*  star dot star, just say that in your head and you can remember easily. 

and not "*"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services