Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 BLOCK EDITOR

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
THERESAPEAKE
351 Views, 10 Replies

2010 BLOCK EDITOR

I am having trouble creating dynamic blocks in the Block Editor and losing my action parameters after saving. All is then lost and not retrieviable. Is this a glitch anyone else has experienced?

Thanks,

Theresa
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Are the DB properties gone or just some distance away from the DB? Zoom out a bit and click on the block to see.
Have you tried to explode the DB after inserting it in case you have a block within a block?
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 3 of 11
THERESAPEAKE
in reply to: THERESAPEAKE

Charles,

All the action parameters and constraints just delete while in the block editor after saving. I have zoomed out and they are truely gone! Sometimes I can't even close the Block editor! Other times when I close, it takes me all the way out of the file. Then when I go back in.....it has not been saved. I have tried exploding the block after inserting actually attempting to recover the dynamics somehow, but no luck. It just doesn't seem very reliable.

Thanks for your help,

Theresa
Message 4 of 11
THERESAPEAKE

Charles,

P.S. Just for information sake, this all takes place while designing the Dynamic Block and applying the parameters, etc., it works great after inserted into a drawing, if I can get that far.

Theresa
Message 5 of 11
jshaner

I have not had any problems with this, Do you habe visibility parameters in these blocks? If so make sure your parameters are not set to invisible
Message 6 of 11

Recent or always happening with the BE?
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 7 of 11
THERESAPEAKE

Charles,

Well....we just installed 2010 and are just getting familiar with it. I have been actually experimenting with Dynamic Blocks for the first time. I haven't had much problem understanding the concept, so I'm not thinking it's operator error. The Block Editor has been hanging me up since the start, which has been about 2-months.

Thanks,

Theresa
Message 8 of 11

I would think you have a bad install and either need to get ahold of your IT or reseller who installed 2010.
Regards, Charles Shade
Message 9 of 11
THERESAPEAKE

Charles,

I have been thinking the same thing. Just thought I'd check around first to see if anything like that was happing with anyone else in 2010. I'm going to reinstall and see what happens.

Thanks,

Theresa
Message 10 of 11
THERESAPEAKE

Charles,

You may not believe this, but I uninstalled Autocad 2010, as we discussed previously, and now Autocad 2010 won't reinstall! We seem to have had this problem on other computers in this office, too, and have actually gone to the point of reformatting one of them but to no avail. My computer will take the initialization but will not install! It installed before with no apparent problem. I wonder if others are have similar problems with 2010. Seems to be very unreliable.

Theresa
Message 11 of 11

Are you using a 32 bit CAD on a 64 bit machine perhaps? Or vice-a-versa?
I would advise you to follow this advice:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617
but if you have formatted a harddrive to reload then the above would be moot. Again a moot point with the format but any other previous CAD installs might be hanging you up.
REVOUNINSTALLER is a good program to Google for removing programs and registry entries. If you go this route use its most aggressive setting and answer yes/all to everything. This will get it all and you will need to reinstall. Obviously back up customizations and your CUI in a separate folder.
This is the first time I've read about the BE having a problem or install problems that are chronic. If you are two months of purchase you should be able to get Autodesk help to correct for free.
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=7031104&linkID=9240817
Regards, Charles Shade

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services