Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

increasing efficiency through data linkage

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tygeren
506 Views, 3 Replies

increasing efficiency through data linkage

We produce many drawings from templates which do not change dramatically.  We take values from an Excel sheet and incorporate them into a drawing.  How would I go about automating that process so that changes in an excel file would be reflected in an associated .dwg file? (AutoCad 2014)  Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: tygeren

Data and OLE linking has been around forever in AutoCAD: start help , look up the topic, and explore.
Message 3 of 4
Shiploose
in reply to: tygeren

Here's something you can experiment with.

select cells from the excel spread sheet that you want to populate in your drawing. RT click copy those cells and do a Paste Special (command: PASTESPEC) into the dwg.

Let me know if that looks promising.

Message 4 of 4
Ruan
in reply to: Shiploose

Hi

Try making your parts dynamic blocks with lookup tables and parameter sets. so when you do have to change it you can just ad the value to the lookup table or if you do have the value in the lookup table its simple just clicking on a drop down menu and it will change the size according you can even link different elevations and section to one parameter and it will change all views and sections. Play around in block editor its very powerful tool. Dimension your item in block editor and make sure you make the dimensions annotative so when you do need to scale up or down the text size will change according to the scale and another tip is when you do have enlarged details make the dimensions annotative and add only that scale to the specific dimensions. Try to work in Modelspace but when you want to put the title block on do this in paper space so that you can work with view ports trust me this is best practise. I hope i gave you the correct advice and that it helps you in the future.

Kind regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost