Did you mean: 

hatch vertex polyline object

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
durgeshk
594 Views, 2 Replies

hatch vertex polyline object

Dear All,

I have been facing this problem to the point that I have no idea where to look for help or advice. If you have a solution or suggestion to solve, i would be glad to hear. Thanks.

I am trying to solid (white colour) hatch few objects. I plotted a sine curve using a lisp script. Using straight line + OSNAP i have created a close area between these two sine curves. When i try to apply hatch, it does not recognize the are bounded by the sine curves. See attached file for a minimum working example.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: durgeshk

Try using the Select Objects option in the Hatch dialog box, rather the Pick Points option.  When I did that, it worked doing one of them at a time [but it took a long time], though when I did both at once I got really strange results.  When I used PEDIT and Joined the two sine-curve Polylines and the closing end Lines into one closed Polyline, for some reason it still didn't recognize the area when I picked inside it, but it worked using the Select objects option.

I wonder whether the problem may be related to the fact that each of those sine waves edges contains 7200 (!) segments.  Surely the time it takes to hatch them must be related to that.  Can you make them at a lower resolution [fewer segments per cycle]?  I would guess that would help, but I'm not positive.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 3
durgeshkawale
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thanks Kent1Cooper.

I fixed the problem by converting the polyline to a spline and create a region of the closed polygon. The Hatch select object option is now works a lot fasters.

I need the high resolution because these geometries will be used to print a photo-mask at 2 micron resolution. I use such photo-masks to make patterns on a photoresist coated on a silicon wafer. To obtain a smoother wave profile it is better to use a large number of segments.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost