Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a raster graphic exploded somehow?!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Macia.Lopez
1049 Views, 6 Replies

How to get a raster graphic exploded somehow?!

Hi all,

I need the following picture as to be a drawn entity in my drawing i.e. a block. I already know that there is no way rather than using attach clip and try to draw over it. Can anyone help me with this particular case?

Regards

Vest

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Macia.Lopez

You want somebody to trace over it for you??
Go buy a type of software called Raster To Vector, there are many out there, try them before you buy one.
Or start tracing 🙂
Message 3 of 7
jggerth1
in reply to: pendean

IIRC WinTopo was a freebie that could do simple things like that fairly well. 

If you've got access to Corel or Illustrator, that should give you easy path tracing tools and export to dxf at least.

Ouit of curiosity - what's the original source for that sign?

Message 4 of 7
steve216586

Contact Seton in Australia. They may have an Autocad drawing they can send you for a drawing.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt
Message 5 of 7
jwjones1

If it's a vector PDF you can usually get the linework back out using Inkscape (free software).  I just downloaded a PDF from seton.net that had a variety of signs on it, opened the PDF in Inkscape, and then saved the results as an AutoCAD R13 DXF.  It works though it's not always the prettiest thing (text is exploded, lots of splines).

Hope that helps!

Message 6 of 7
jwjones1
in reply to: steve216586

Thanks Steve 😃
Message 7 of 7
rendarin

Not exactly what you're looking for, but I believe you can also open the image file up in Paint, copy it from within Paint, then Paste to CAD. It creates an OLE rather than an IMAGE. Makes it so you don't need to carry the image file wherever you send the DWG file.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost