Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2011 Table edit glitch

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
611 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2011 Table edit glitch

When I insert a table onto paperspace the format gets overriden. This could be a scale issue but i've tried changing the units to make sure i'm inserting imperial/inches or metric/mm still having this issue.

If I manually edit the width, height, horix./vert. margins the table

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Forgot to add an image...

Message 3 of 7
pendean

When you insert a TABLE is uses the TABLESTYLE definition already in the file if there is one with the same name as the one found in the TABLE you are inserting, could that be the problem?
Message 4 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for that piece of info. I do no tuse Tables often but that is good to know that they will perform like Blocks when inserted by taking on the current definition in the File if named the same.

Message 5 of 7
jggerth
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Well, the act of drawing a table is also inserting a table, vs inserting a block or other drawing that already contains a table.  The default action when inserting (creating) a table, uses the current Tablestyle, so it's prudent to at least look at what that style is before creating (inserting) a table for the first time.

In that sense, table styles are no different than dimstyles, mleaderstyles, or text styles -- newly created dimensions or text entities will use whatever style is defined as current. 

Fix the style to be what you need, and then use the object creation/insertion commands.

Message 6 of 7
IVS2112

Hi....

There is one solution i had a one lisp program may be it is used for ur problem.

TEXT IMPORT LSIP

CAD TO EXCEL & EXCEL TO CAD LISP FILES

WITH REGARDS

GOPAL

Message 7 of 7
IVS2112

SEND TO ME THE DRAWING I'LL HELP YOU,

THANKING YOU

GOPAL IVS

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost