Gytaco
Message 1 of 6 (270 Views)

Issue with Transparency

270 Views, 5 Replies
10-10-2012 04:53 AM

I have created a cylinder and applied a color as shown

cyl.Color = Color.ByARGB(

255, 0, 255, 0);

However the transparency does not seem to apply to the object.

I am using different visual styles is there a specific option I should be using??

Employee
Message 2 of 6 (254 Views)

Re: Issue with Transparency

10-11-2012 06:37 AM in reply to: Gytaco

You may try x-ray visual style to create transparent objects.

OceaniaPrecision
Message 3 of 6 (239 Views)

10-11-2012 05:27 PM in reply to: Gytaco

I'm encountering the same issue.  The layer trasparency setting is overriding the ARGB alpha setting.  I'm just starting out in DesignScript, so I haven't dug vary far into this, however, the manual states:  "For a Color’s alpha, 0 means the object will be completely transparent, while 255 means the object will be completely opaque."

Gytaco
Message 4 of 6 (236 Views)

10-11-2012 05:39 PM in reply to: OceaniaPrecision
Exactly Even when I adjust the value to 0 or anything in between it makes no difference. ______________________________________________________________________ The information contained in this email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please promptly notify the sender by reply email and then delete the email and destroy any printed copy. Further, if you have received this email in error, you must not disclose or use the information contained therein for any purpose whatsoever. ADG Engineers will assume no responsibility for the accuracy, adequacy, and integrity of the files, and recommends that the files be thoroughly screened for viruses prior to installation. ______________________________________________________________________
Employee
Message 5 of 6 (227 Views)

10-11-2012 09:20 PM in reply to: Gytaco

It seems that Color property on AutoCAD entity deson't have alpha value, but it has a separate Transparency property. And the default value for transparency is set ByLayer hence changing layer transparency overrides entity transparency.

So I think the alpha value in DesignScript should be mapped to Transparency property of the entity. This seems like a limitation at this point.

Employee
Message 6 of 6 (163 Views)

11-05-2012 07:26 PM in reply to: sharadjaiswal

Please try the new version ( 0.3.24.5026) of DesignScript, this issue is fixed.

You can see the "Dwonload new update" notification on top right corner of DesignScript Editor. Clicking the notification button will guide you thru the migration to new update.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Visit Autodesk Labs
Autodesk Labs is home for new prototypes, experiments, applications, and technologies.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community