Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital pen solution for ADR?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Dore
1779 Views, 3 Replies

digital pen solution for ADR?

So, I was in awe a few years ago at Boston CAD Camp when I saw the digital pen demonstrated with ADR.  Then the product was sold to Adapx, who promptly droppped support of Autodesk Design Review in favor of PDF formats.

Some of our older seasoned reviewers (me included) would LOVE to have the digital pen back.  Are there any other products on the market that can take the place of the Adapx pen?  Tablet PC's don't work with handwriting recognition...but otherwise, could be a solution I suppose - but nothing like actually writing on paper....

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lundbea
in reply to: Dore

Hi,

Adapx seems to still be selling this with Design Review (see http://www.adapx.com/support/capturx-adr) though it's only supported on ADR 2009.

I don't know of other solutions with ADR + electronic pen; sorry.

Message 3 of 4
dunwoodyf

My name is Fred and I’m new to the group. I represent a company called DIT (Document Integration Technologies) and we are a digital pen distributor and integrator and we may have an alternative solution to meet your needs. We promote a similar product called Digital Drawing and we are resellers of the Adapx solution. I would like the opportunity to have an open discussion and see where we may be able to help you and your company. Please feel free to contact me through the group or by email at fdunwoody@ditinc.com.

Message 4 of 4
dmaidlow

A little late but check out SmartInk for AutoCAD.  It allows you to plot from any flavor of AutoCAD 2013 and markup the paper drawing. Once the pen is docked the markup can be loaded back into the original AutoCAD drawing as polylines.  No need to keep the paper.  There is a video up on YouTube here 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report