Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8.1 and Design Review

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
downing.nigel
3970 Views, 6 Replies

Windows 8.1 and Design Review

Will Autodesk Design Review 2013 (the latest version I believe) work correctly under WINDOWS 8.1?  and if so where are clear instructions from autodesk for installation if it requires any dependencies / trickery to get it to work.  (The system requirements for design review says windows 7 or XP). Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: downing.nigel

ADR2013 is not supported in Win8/8.1, just like the system specs say, so there are no instructions.
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for reply.  Unsupported, yes I know, but does anyone have it running correctly under windows 8.1?

Message 4 of 7
pendean

Microsoft posts a lot of information on how to run old software in newer versions of Windows: start there while you wait here.
Message 5 of 7
peteh

I installed DR 2013 on Windows 8.1 and it seems to work fine.  Although, unless you have a touchscreen I'm not sure why you would want to use Windows 8.

Message 6 of 7
Spurred
in reply to: peteh

I have Windows 8.1. I do not have and do not want a touch screen. I have Windows 8.1 setup to boot into classic start menu and have tweaked 8.1 for the classic desktop. I haven't seen charms or the touch screen interface for Windows 8.1 at all, unless I choose to access it for a specific reason. Windows 8.1 is the latest version of the OS and should offer improved performance. It's based on Windows 7.

I jumped from XP Po to 8.1 and am very comfortable in 8.1. There is no need for a touch screen. My Wacom tablet is much more acurate than my finger for graphics work or most everything else. The newest Wacom tablets even allow you to use swiping, pinching, and other touch screen actions if you want to use a non-touch screen monitor as a touch screen monitor. There's no reason to shy away from Windows 8.1, except to wait for Windows 9.

Message 7 of 7

I tested it with a Microsoft Surface Pro running Windows 8.1 Pro, the program works well. But it freeze when I try to close the annotation panel by pressing on the X with my finger or with the pen. With the mouse, the panel close without problem. To solve the problem, I disabled the automatic launch for Annotation, annotation properties in the Options.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report