Design Review
Welcome to Autodesk’s Design Review Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Design Review topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using DWF Writer with MicroStation V8i

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tlanphear
1112 Views, 4 Replies

Using DWF Writer with MicroStation V8i

We are preparing DWF's for the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission using the Windows DWF Writer that is supplied by Autodesk and we are having a problem printing true type font. The bottom part of the uppercase B is showing up filled in the resulting DWF. This only happens when using MicroStation. When we print from any of the Microsoft Office products to a DWF we don't have the same problem. Attached is a sample DWF and PDF file.  Even if you print the PDF to DWF from Adobe Reader the issue still appears.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: tlanphear

What's the name of the font you use in MS? Is it a TTF?

Message 3 of 5
tlanphear
in reply to: pendean

We are using the TTF Arial but I tested with a bunch of TTF's and get the same result.

Message 4 of 5
pendean

In the Driver's Preferences' Advanced Tab, do you have ALL selected for Embed Fonts?

Do any of the other choices aleviate the problem?

Message 5 of 5
tlanphear

The Turnpike commission specifies that they require the files at 600dpi and Grayscale to cut down on file size.  We have attempted to embed all the fonts and the only setting that appears to work correctly is to set it to full color at the highest resolution which there by creates the largest file which is unacceptable.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report